Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
After reading the unpleasant shopping post..... >

After reading the unpleasant shopping post.....

After reading the unpleasant shopping post.....

Old 01-21-2011, 06:16 PM

I have to say one of the friendlist (sp?) shops I have visited is in NC, Spring Lake "Loving Stitches". The owner has lent me a pair of scissors when my luggage did not arrive with me, and another time I went in with my DGD about 3 yrs old, she was encouraged to touch all the fabric. Fantastic service, above and beyond.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by quilterjody
My LQS is great. The owner makes it a point to call you by name. She even sets up a special night (beyond regular store hours) during the holidays for husbands (or wives) to come in a shop. You fill out a wish list and she helps them figure it out. I think she feeds them too. Her staff is so nice too. If you are ever in Colorado, check out Creative Cloth Closet in Canon City.
I will have to ask my mom if she has ever been there, she lives in Salida, and now has to travel for fabric. do you have an address
Old 01-23-2011, 11:51 AM

My husband reports the truly horrible service to the CEO if it is a large company. But he also reports the truly great service. I think we should be more proactive and report the great service, selection, classes, etc., then we can also report the bad. You could even say so(that we compliment as well as criticize) in a letter, reminding the shop owner that you want to have a great LQS, but if they don't change, they will not be it, and may not even be around. Let's hope that maybe they don't see or understand how they are coming across to customers.
Susan
Old 01-23-2011, 11:53 AM

My husband reports the truly horrible service to the CEO if it is a large company. But he also reports the truly great service. I think we should be more proactive and report the great service, selection, classes, etc., then we can also report the bad. You could even say so(that we compliment as well as criticize) in a letter, reminding the shop owner that you want to have a great LQS, but if they don't change, they will not be it, and may not even be around. Let's hope that maybe they don't see or understand how they are coming across to customers.
Susan
Old 01-23-2011, 12:14 PM

Here is an idea...how about just posting positive experiences. This will encourage others to patronize those LQS's that appreciate their customers.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by JanetM
Here is an idea...how about just posting positive experiences. This will encourage others to patronize those LQS's that appreciate their customers.
i like that idea. :thumbup:
Old 01-26-2011, 04:49 AM

Well, I have the best and everyone there are the nicest
and sweetest and most helpful people at my local quilt
shop. If your ever in our area, check them out. They
have been written up in two magazines through the years.
It's the Quilt Box in Dry Ridge, Kentucky.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:14 AM

There are good and bad employees on any given day at every LQS. I have had same employee be good or bad! Do we not all have good and bad days! Sometimes people react to your mood. I shop LQS depending on if they have fabric that I like. I was just at LQS and the staff is really great and helpful! BUT I will probably not go back there for a while since I did not like the fabric they currently have in the shop.