Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Of all the quilts you've made..... >

Of all the quilts you've made.....

Of all the quilts you've made.....

Old 01-18-2014, 05:11 AM

How precious! A labor of love.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:24 AM

I really enjoyed this "Favorite Quilt" Show. I read each and every post. All of you are wonderfully talented and I loved all the stories.

Here's mine.

My husband's grandmother has had dementia for several years. Two years ago, her husband died of cancer and we had to put Nana in a home. She is 93 and no longer recognizes most of her family. She has the mentality and motor skills of a two year old and is forgetting how to feed herself. The home we put her in is very nice but "sterile," dull and boring. Nana always loved pinks and blue and wore bright colors, so I made her a quilt to brighten up her room. I call it "Nana's Flower Garden." I used a Carol Doak pattern for the blocks and arranged them how I liked. It really brightens up her room and although she can't express it, I think she likes the quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]457150[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]457154[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2013-08-24-14.28.14sm.jpg   2013-08-24-16.44.02sm.jpg  
Old 01-18-2014, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
I really enjoyed this "Favorite Quilt" Show. I read each and every post. All of you are wonderfully talented and I loved all the stories.
Ditto for me. I have loved reading each and every post. And kaelynangelfoot, your story was a tear jerker. Loved it! And the pictures, too.
My favorite quilt is the first one I made at a class: a Freedom Quilt. It's a log cabin made with "anything" strips, and then the blocks are cut wonky. My granddaughter has it, but I realized I don't have a picture of it. We can take care of that.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:45 AM

This little wall hanging because it was such a challenge with so many techniques. It was for my Advanced Quilting class and I love the icy fabrics.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 01-18-2014, 08:12 AM

Thank you for posting your favorites. Each one is amazing! So many of you have put your heart and soul into your quilts &/or made a quilt that meant the "moon" to others. How could they not be your favorites!? My favorite goes along the same lines. This quilt was made for my MIL's 90th birthday, and although she died two months later, it deeply touched her heart. It hangs in our office now as a celebration of her life.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]457170[/ATTACH]
quilt front

[ATTACH=CONFIG]457172[/ATTACH]
quilt back
Attached Thumbnails totally-finished-quilt-top.jpg   totally-finished-quilt-back.jpg  
Old 01-18-2014, 08:20 AM

wow EmiliasNana, your quilt is simply stunning. I can't imagine the hours of labor and all the love you poured into it. It's amazing how our love for others so often inspires some of our greatest efforts and most lovely work.
It has shown true over and over in this thread.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:36 AM

Wow! What a bunch of talented people - all the quilts are wonderful!

This is my first appliqué quilt. I learned to sew about 4 years ago - couldn't thread a sewing machine before that. I have Dyscalculia (kind of like dyslexia, but for numbers) which I didn't discover until I was in my 30s. I find following patterns that have a lot of numbers extremely exhausting. One pieced block can take most of the day, but since I 'discovered' appliqué I much prefer it - less taxing on my poor brain, lol.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]457182[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails reaching-out-copy.jpg  
Old 01-18-2014, 09:09 AM

Oh my, what a wonderful quilt show. Thank all of you for showing your talents.
This is my biggest challenge so far. It is called California Nights By Dereck Lockwood. Ruth
Attached Thumbnails fancy-quilt.jpg  
Old 01-18-2014, 09:28 AM

Smile

My proudest quilts are my first ever actually quilted (instead of tied) quilt called "Happy Hearts". It is a scrappy pieced heart that is quilted in meandering hearts. It measures 112x110 to custom fit my new bed as a bedspread.
The second one is my first quilt that is entirely my own design. It is called "Peppermint Twist" and will be quilted on my home machine as soon as my practicing of free motion meandering peppermints is comfortable enough to begin. The whole idea came to me from a border print fabric I found on sale. It is double sized to fit my DD's bed.
The third one is not my quilt, but an antique that I charted, to help the owner recreate her grandmothers quilt. I can't wait to see her execution of the quilt. I am very honored to have been able to help preserve another quilt for posterity.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by madamekelly; 01-18-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:09 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

This is a piece of my favorite quilt. It was my second quilt I ever made.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg