Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Of all the quilts you've made..... >

Of all the quilts you've made.....

Of all the quilts you've made.....

Old 01-18-2014, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by racerh View Post
That is so great you saved that quilt! It is very cute The quilt I am most proud of is Shine on Your Crazy Diamond which I designed and just finished the top, it took over 5 months!

Waiting to go to the LAQ along with another 4 quilts..... I have been doing smaller projects that take a weekend, needed something easier after this one!

The inspiration and more pics are here -
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...d-t238245.html
You've created a REALLY great design. Congratulations!
I LOVE bright colors with black - makes them really pop.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
Kathy T. That is the nicest memory/photo quilt I have ever seen. I love how you made it look like a book shelf with framed photos of all the generations. Awesome job.

So far the quilt I am most proud of is my hand quilted mariner's compass quilt. I designed it myself from start to finish. The center compass I did use a pattern from Judy Matheison's book but the rest I drafted out from scratch, including the handquilted ones.[ATTACH=CONFIG]456826[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]456827[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]456828[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]456829[/ATTACH]
The sound you probably didn't hear was my jaw hitting the floor! Great quilt in so many ways: design, colors, quilting and awesome work!
Old 01-18-2014, 03:28 PM

What a gorgeous quilt show! How lucky are we that we can enjoy this in the comfort of our homes on such a cold miserable day! Life is good.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:03 PM

WOw gorgeous quilts. These are my 2 current favorites. The baby quilt was for a customer. I had a hard time parting with it. The other is 50 fabulous paper pieced stars. I hope to make Judy Neimeyers Mariners compass soon.
Attached Thumbnails dsc00956.jpg   dsc01013.jpg  
Old 01-18-2014, 04:05 PM

Woops. I clicked on the wrong photo. That is a Hoopsisters quilt called Goosetracks. Also a favorite.
Attached Thumbnails dsc01179.jpg  
Old 01-18-2014, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Kathy T. View Post
I made this memory quilt for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. I am proud of it because I had intended to take a class on the technique the November before their anniversary and the class was cancelled. I didn't start making it until January and finished it for their Feb 5th party. Some of the books have embroidered titles that had meaning for my parents. The top row are both sets of my grandparents (the left is at their 50th anniversary), the next row is my parents, then the next row is their two kids (me and my brother) at their weddings and the bottom row is the three grandchildren at the time. The one has a special photo because he was at West Point at the time. Both my parents have passed now and I have the quilt.
That is a fabulous quilt and I so wish I had made one in time -- my parents, one of my brothers and my sister are now gone. Since it sounds like you didn't take the class, did you have a pattern? It is really a beautiful quilt.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
I really enjoyed this "Favorite Quilt" Show. I read each and every post ... and I loved all the stories. ...

Nana always loved pinks and blue and wore bright colors, so I made her a quilt to brighten up her room. ... It really brightens up her room and although she can't express it, I think she likes the quilt.
I read all of the stories, too, and yours was so sweet. Your DH's grammy certainly still enjoys the colors and the texture, so your gift is the most thoughtful ever. You are a special person to make this for her.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:03 AM

This is my favorite stories and quilts. Wow. What an experience. My favorite is my embroidered quilt showing, I was deathly ill when I did it. It took me three years to embroider it and a friend quilted it while I was in the hospital. She brought it to me to see. Fooled everyone and now still quilting and embroidering after 6 years.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:05 AM

I am in awe of these beautiful creations. You have all found your gift!
Old 01-19-2014, 07:40 PM

Default Promised pics

Attached are the pics of the quilt hanging that I made. The 24 counted cross-stitch flowers took over 9 months to stitch, then before I learned to quilt, I found a friend who offered to quilt it for me. I picked out the fabric choices and she sewed it together and stitched a 1/4" from the seamline. This is the quilt I'd like to say was all mine but a wonderful quilting friend finished it for me.
Attached Thumbnails flowerquilt5.jpg   flowerquilt4.jpg   flowerquilt3.jpg   flowerquilt2.jpg   flowerquilt1.jpg  

Last edited by Stitch124; 01-19-2014 at 07:45 PM.