Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: All of a Sudden I Have a Stash And Multiple Projects!!

All of a Sudden I Have a Stash And Multiple Projects!!

How did this happen?? I went on a quilt shop hop and bought fabric...just because. I have fabric to make quilts for my two sisters and a cousin. I have a new embroidery machine and I'm learning that and have projects planned for that. I'm taking 4-5 Craftsy classes and have fabric for those! Suddenly I have these piles of fabric and I don't even know why I bought them!! I want to make a wall hanging for my Mother's room and a little bag to carry her prayer books on the inside of her wheel chair.

Simplicity on sale at Joann's starting May 24th! I saw a carry all for a wheelchair when I was looking for a pattern for the back of the car seats to hold the kid's "garbage".

LOL...i understand..gave up trying to keep up with it all..just work where the whim takes me

yel
    Blog Entries
    welcome to the wonderful world of quilting .....you have only just begun....

I remember years ago wondering how anyone could make a certain antique quilt I saw. It must have had 30 or 40 different brown prints in it. Buying that many different fabrics would be a big outlay of cash at that time for me. Now..... I not only can imagine it.... I'm sure I have that many browns, and reds, and blues, and greens, and .... well, you get the picture. Stash happens when you least expect it. But, it sure is fun!!

LOL, officially addicted quilter! We all seem to acquire multiple "projects" some that we have fabric for that we don't even know what they are yet! I'm sure you've seen the saying "one who dies with the most fabric wins"......I'm sure that came about honestly!
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...5215B47E21.png

Cherish your family for they are your treasure. A lifetime of memories, wealth beyond measure!

Just imagine all the yummy scraps you'll have to start English paper piecing or yoyo quilt making. . Have fun. Enjoy the journey.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anniec55 View Post
    LOL, officially addicted quilter! We all seem to acquire multiple "projects" some that we have fabric for that we don't even know what they are yet! I'm sure you've seen the saying "one who dies with the most fabric wins"......I'm sure that came about honestly!
    I had allways heard..."she who dies with the most fabric wasn't sewing fast enough"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
    Stash happens !!
    LOL - we all need this as a bumper sticker.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

It's amazing how quickly it happens too!
    Heather

I like to have lots of choices when starting a quilt. One can't have that if they don't buy lots of fabrics. My story and I'm sticking to it.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    Doing my first shop hop is how I first started my stash. I bought fabric from every store I went into. I was so excited to have a stash at last. Now I have such a big stash that my sewing room runneth over. I've given away more fabric than I can remember to get my room under control. But it's finally under control. And my stash is still huge. Welcome to the club!!

I don't have to buy another piece of fabric (except backing and batting) for the rest of my life and I can sew every day just fine with fabric left over. That's how big my stash is. And I'm in my 50s.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

I have that problem. While collecting fabrics for a project a new pattern hits my eye. And guess what, I have the perfect fabric for it right here. Well there went the stash for the previous project. Do I scrap that first idea and have extra stash or try to rebuild what I just took from it? It is such a dilemma.

Blog Entries
    Do you remember the cartoons of Schrooge McDuck rolling around in his money? I could do that with my fabric. I love my stash or is it my HOARD? Welcome to the world of quilters!!! I am not sure many of us can resist another piece of fabric.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the crazyness!!!!
    A quilt is a blanket of love. Sharon

I have sooo much stash I could probably open a shop. LOL, but I'm not the only one that helps me buy more. My DH will stop at a quilt shop, and say don't you need something?
    Love to quilt and play with the great grandkids

Now is the time to begin organizing, mainly so that you won't use the fabric you bought for one project in a different project. I use redwell folders (from the office supply store). Each folder holds the pattern, the fabric and any specialty rulers, templates, notions, etc. for one project. My redwell folders sit on a bookcase, and I can look into each one and see exactly which project is in it. When I work on one, if I don't finish it, all the pieces go back into the redwell. That way, nothing gets lost. Some people use plastic boxes.

Join the club! I have lots of fabric, sewing machines, etc. When you go looking at fabric when you have no project in mind, you are a quilter. It kinds of sneaks up on you. What I tell myself is,hey,I could have a worse addiction,so I don't stress about it.

When I look at what I have I wonder where some of it came from as I certainly don't remember buying it!!

Sometimes you blink your eyes and the entire room is full.

LOL! We are all in the same boat on that one! The best part is loving it so!

Blog Entries
    I found myself doing the same thing so when I was reorganizing my sewing room I began to put "special to do projects" in clear plastic containers so that I could keep the collected fabrics and patterns together .. I believe I am up to 20 "to do" projects and have 4 projects I am actively working on... I tell myself that these projects are for the rainy day... you know when you are short on cash an need something to do...

It blindsides you. One minute you are happily working on one project and the next you got it piled to the ceiling and you're saying WHEN am I going to get time to get this all done? Go with the flow.

Welcome! We are an elite group but there is always room for one more. It is a form of insanity but as the saying goes, "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute."

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the club, I to have amassed a huge stash of fabric and lots of UFO's. I believe for the most part, it is part of the process of being a quilter. I do know a couple of quilters that are one project at a time. Maybe I will get there one day.
    TxCaRose

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast