Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Of All Of Your Quilts >

Of All Of Your Quilts

Of All Of Your Quilts

Old 02-04-2019, 07:37 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful quilt show, everyone!

Here is the one I most impressed myself with. It's all hand embroidered and hand quilted.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]607915[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_2454.jpg  
Old 02-04-2019, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Cam's gram View Post
I think this one is my favorite quilt because of the reaction I got when I gave it to my great niece who has Down's Syndrome and doesn't talk much. Her dad, my nephew, told me Winnie the Pooh was her favorite so I found a panel for her quilt. It was for her graduation but I couldn't make the open house so I took to her later - so glad it worked out that way. I told her I brought her a gift so she sat down on the floor in front of me. The quilt was folded so I shook it out and laid it on the floor in front of her. She pulled it up onto her lap, touched each of the characters and said their names. She sat there admiring and fondling her quilt for 45 minutes and then folded it and took it to her bedroom. I knew it had been a hit! The next day my nephew sent me a picture - she had spread the quilt out on top of her bed and slept all night under it! She makes her bed every morning then puts her quilt on top. My niece (her aunt) also sent me message about what a wonderful gift it was.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]607885[/ATTACH]
That's a beautiful quilt and a great story.

bkay
Old 02-04-2019, 08:05 AM

You make a strata of all your 18 colors and then it is uses a wedge ruler.
Originally Posted by granky View Post
Railroad....not paper pieced???? Great Heavens! How did you do it? It is GORGEOUS! (But then, I think all of these quilts are fantastically outstanding!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2019, 08:19 AM

Default My Pineapple Quilt is my favorite

This is my favorite

[ATTACH=CONFIG]607926[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails pineapple-quilt.jpg  
Old 02-04-2019, 08:41 AM

There are a lot of wonderful quilts showing up here, but I can especially relate to Cari's write-up because my favorite so far is one that's somewhere along that continuum of uncertainty. It's a summer-in-the-park. After I had the layout all figured out and the blocks in order ready to sew, the new kitty we got in 2013 rearranged them according to her own preferences. Eventually, I sewed them together, but there's the feeling of uncertainty that when I did it the second time, I wasn't quite as content with the arrangement but I was getting tired of doing it and might have been settling for something that I'd regret later. So a few years passed and I said, "What the heck?" and just sewed it, but then the doubts set in again. Eventually it will get done.
Attached Thumbnails lizzie_quilt_0399.jpg  
Old 02-04-2019, 09:07 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]607929[/ATTACH]
Of all the quilts I've made, this has been my favorite. It's at least 5 years old. The pattern is from Edyta Sitar and I ordered a bundle of her batiks. I just really enjoyed the hand applique on this one. My first quilt with wool batting. Yes, it's on my bed and will be for many years.
Attached Thumbnails applique-quilt.jpg  
Old 02-04-2019, 11:32 AM

I'm loving all the pictures. Thanks for posting, the quilts are gorgeous![ATTACH=CONFIG]607935[/ATTACH]Here's my first quilt and I still love it.
Attached Thumbnails 3-2009-lonestar2.jpg  
Old 02-04-2019, 12:15 PM

I think I love my Grand Illusion most, at least now. It was Bonnie Hunter's 2014 Mystery, and the year before I'd visited my son in Michigan and bought some of the fabric I used to make it. WHEN I bought the fabric I had no idea what I'd use it for, so I put it away. I also love the 2016 BH Mystery En Provence, which is the bed photo. As you can see my bed is a blast of color. I make my own pillowcases and "mix & match" at will. AND just for fun I'm including "The Horse Panel" quilt I made for a friend who's horse died and she was so sad. I made it on the 401A Singer she gave me as she doesn't sew at all. I made the pillowcases and the horse themed dog bone neck pillow as well. Complete bed set..
How do we pick just one favorite? LOL
Attached Thumbnails grand-illusion-2014.jpg   en-provence-2016.jpg   horse-quilt-friends-bed-w-cpillowases-neck-pillows.jpg  
Old 02-04-2019, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
Love this awesome quilt show! Each quilt is gorgeous and the stories behind them are even better!

I would say my favorite quilt is always the next one I’m planning to make! Because they just keep getting better and better
It IS pretty amazing. The quilting Men and Women never fail to amaze me in their creativity.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by HoneyJ View Post
I've not figured out how to attach a photo 🙁
scroll down to the bottom of your post and you'll see a box that says Manage your attachments. Hit that and a new box will pop up and ask you to Choose a file. I normally export a photo to my desktop in Medium Size and then download from there. Try it, you'll like it.