Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I a fabric addict?

Quote Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
    Rhaorth
    you are in perfect company here on the board...I think we can all relate to this addiction or should I say we all should admit to it *L* maybe we need a designated national day to shop for quilting supplies..I vote for all the days that end in "Y" that should work for everyone..crafty_linda_b
    oh I like that idea... all days ending in "Y" hehe

Well, if you have to ask, you already have your answer! :-)

Obviously you done understand. I think of it more as a religion that an addiction.
    When you go to church you kneel at the alter and pray. When I go to a fabric store I often kneel to get to the fabric I want and pray that there is enough of what I want.
    When we go to Church we acknowledge that there are miracles in this world that are not understandable. When I sew I know there are miracles in this world and I am just thankful for them.
    When we go to Church we are taught that there are powers more in control of things that ourselves and we must trust in them. When I go into a fabric store I pray that there are powers more in control than I that will help me control my spending and drooling over all of those wonderful fabrics.
    One of the things I pray for most is NOT to find a 12 step program for this religion (addiction) which would result in a cure as I enjoy it way too muhc.

We are ALL addicts here.....and there is no cure Thank Goodnes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaorth
    I have discovered a love for fabrics that I never knew I had.
    Now I can not pass something without touching it, and when I walk into a fabric store, I feel like a kid in a candy store. All those colors, textures, smells, etc.

I love seeing it spread out, I love seeing it cut into stacks, or rolled into jelly rolls, I love seeing it folded into neat little piles, or even the scrap heap that collects from cuttings.

I love the feel of a quilt top, and can not help but admire the way it all comes together.

(not to mention the desire to purchase every piece of fabric I see for sale on here, sucks to be broke)

Am I a fabric addict?
    You are a quilter, therefore you are a fabric lover - goes hand in hand - not to worry, it will bring you much joy.
    Judi

You need to join Fabricoholics Anonymous

yes i am a fabric addict and never want to be cured so don't tell anyone that i want toooooooooooooooo

Blog Entries
    Do your eyes glaze over when walking into any store or store area that contains unsewn fabric? Then you might be a Fabric-a-holic.

Do you wake up at your machine, drooling on a piece of newly purchased fabric and not remember getting out of bed to come to sewing room? Then you might be a Fabric-a-holic.

Do you find yourself trying to sneak bags of fabric into the house before anyone can notice and mix it in with your stash to hide it? Then you might be a Fabric-a-holic.

Or do you walk boldly through the front door, bags of fabric in hand and mumble something about sewing up something for a sick friend? Then you might be a Fabric-a-holic.

Have you had to make excuses for being gone for hours, wandering the aisles of a fabric store only to come home and make excuse about being with that sick friend? Then you might be a Fabric-a-holic.

Have you been known to walk into sewing room in the morning and come out bleary eyed at night, but smiling? Then you might be a Fabric-a-holic.

Has your husband ever called 911 because you didn't make it to bed last night and he can't find you, only to eventually find you in fabric stash, smiling, hands moving unseen material through a unseen machine. Then you might be a Fabric-a-holic.

There is no fighting it, once it has bitten you, you can't resist the "CALL OF THE FABRIC".

Blog Entries
    actually you are an artist and fabric is your medium ...... that's my story , and i'm sticking to it !!!!

(making grand exit, trailing threads and snippits)

I have lots of fabric in bins!! But ,of course, I just bought about $200 off e-bay--

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    Yep!! but, you are in good company:)
    I agree.

most definately, it's fun to come out of the closet and admit it, it frees you to purchase more. now you have an excuse when you see "sale"

I only discovered quilting in 2006 and LOVE it. I will be uploading a new youtube video of my sewing rooms, yes, plural.....lol
    I love the feel of fabric, the soft texture and the colors. Sewing quilt tops has taught me to have patience. I use to rush to get it done and then have to suffer for my mistakes :-(
    Now I take my time for precise 1/4 seams and sharp points :-)
    Hello, my name is Beatrice and I am a fabric addict.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaorth
    I have discovered a love for fabrics that I never knew I had.
    Now I can not pass something without touching it, and when I walk into a fabric store, I feel like a kid in a candy store. All those colors, textures, smells, etc.

I love seeing it spread out, I love seeing it cut into stacks, or rolled into jelly rolls, I love seeing it folded into neat little piles, or even the scrap heap that collects from cuttings.

I love the feel of a quilt top, and can not help but admire the way it all comes together.

You are not alone ! My foster mother first took me to a fabric shop when I was about 7 to help pick out the fabric, or as she called it, material, for my clothes. Too, we didn't have a "shop" at that time, but a fabric area in the local "mercantile" store, which was a small mom&pop dept store with everything from fabric to housewares, etc.

I have always loved fabric...see it, touch it....own it.....I used to make all of my children's clothes, made draperies for our entire house, trying upholstery which was a disaster, made decorative pillows, including applique and smocked......

Gave up on sewing those items a few years back and didn't do any sewing whatsoever, got involved in knitting. Earlier this year I got bitten by the ole Quilt Bug, can't get enough ! Now, my almost every moment is taken by thinking about, planning, wishing, hoping to make a quilt from start to finish. I've made 3 tops so far, but haven't quilted any. I can't afford to send out to quilter and I think I'm going to get up my nerve soon and either try quilting on my machine or hand quilting.

Yes, you are a fabric addict, so join the happy ranks !
    Sandy

(not to mention the desire to purchase every piece of fabric I see for sale on here, sucks to be broke)

Am I a fabric addict?

I have been that way all my life. Even with clothing.

Blog Entries
    NO! You are not a fabric addict. You are a wonderful, smart, creative person who enjoys fabrics to create beautiful things!!! Painters need paint, computer programers need computers, brick layers need bricks, etc. We NEED fabric.

In stitches,
    Roberta

I'm a total fabric addict, some people crave chocolate, well ok I like that too, but give me fabric anytime. I love that analogy, I'm an artist and fabrics are my tools, I'm going to make that my new mantra :D

Yes, just like the rest of us! I was in a LQS last weekend for some solid back fabric and I told myself before I went that I didn't need anything but the black fabric. I walked out with $179.00 worth. When the fabric catches my eye, it must go home with me!!! It screams at me.... Take me with you! I can't deny!!

Blog Entries
    How could you sew and create WITHOUT fabric? I guess you can cut up the clothes you are wearing but then you would become chilly. You can cut up your sheets on your bed but then you would have a lot of pieces in all the same color and texture AND it is very uncomfortable to sleep on a mattress without linens. You could also cut up the curtains on the windows but then you can't cut up your clothes too because then the neighbors would see you naked sitting at your machine. Go ahead. You need to buy fabric. It is a necessity.

youre hooked

I'm an addict and proud of it. :thumbup: If I'm surfing the net the family knows it's usually a fabric store of some sort or this forum. :-)

Your question can be answered "yes" without ever reading it.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to my world :thumbup:

I'm so glad you are part of this board. Allows me to admit that I'm a fabriholic, too.

Yes, but unlike other addictions, the results are positive and beautiful!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast