Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only one having a problem? >

Am I the only one having a problem?

Am I the only one having a problem?

Old 06-05-2011, 04:34 PM

I've always had problems, but I thought it was because I just have a dialup connection. Often if I 'refresh' it will load the second time. It is frustrating because I love looking at everyone's quilts.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:52 AM

I had been having the same problem for weeks now - no pictures but only on this site - all others were fine. Then yesterday a computer savvy friend suggested he connect me with Google Chrome(I was on Firefox before) and hey presto - all picture are now revealed. Maybe it will work for you too.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:09 AM

Did you try to right click on the little white box with the red (x)? Then click on open or download the pictures.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by OnTheGo
Am I the only person who cannot see pictures on the Quilter's Msg. Board? I have never had this problem until yesterday. Some avatars eventually show, but others don't. I get the little white box with a red X inside where each picture should be.

I am able to download and upload pictures from all other sites....this is the only site where I cannot....and this has only been for a couple of days.
On aol I have a "refresh current page" button and when I get the white box and red x, I hit that button and the pictures load. Don't know what the prob is in the first place but this works for me. Give it a try
Old 06-06-2011, 03:22 AM

Up date your Java. When your Java program is not working right images will not show up.

Mary
Old 06-06-2011, 04:51 AM

If you're on a PC, go to "Tools" and then "Internet options" and then "General." Delete the "saved temporary files" under the "general" tab. Also, check for how many days of history are saved. Reduce it to 10. You have a desktop memory problem. Also try restarting the computer to get rid of temporary files.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:53 AM

Mine is fine.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:52 AM

No, I don't see peoples pictures sometimes.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:56 AM

I am also having trouble getting up and moving to either finish or start a project. I've been either in the pool (107 degrees yesterday), catching up on all my ti-vo'd shows, or just working.

I have three pieces of fabric all pressed and ready to cut on my guest room bed. Just close the door and do something else. Yuck!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
Sounds like me a couple of weeks ago.I couldn't get anything to come up,just here on the board but couldn't get the pictures to load.Try turning off your computer unplug your internet cord from your computer,plug it back in then turn on your computer.
Don't have a problem with getting the post but can't post a picture to save my soul even after the computer was off for the weekend. So disgusting.