Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one?

We got most of ours down, then I cut out a tumbler baby quilt and realized I don't have what I want for the border material. Then I fell and now nothing is getting done, decorations or quilting.

Christmas decorations will be up until next weekend. We don't take them down until after Jan. 6 and like a few others have said, now that the hustle and bustle has calmed down, I can relax and enjoy the tree. I worked on cleaning up my craft/sewing area and I oiled my FW - then I made myself a January mug rug for my desk at work-- blue material with snowflakes. Going to finish putting the binding on now while watching tv.
    Ginny B

Blog Entries
    Yup - me too! Been off for 3 days and all I managed to get done was to wash the Christmas table linens LOL.

Blog Entries
    Yep-that's been me-sewing instead of cleaning up-life is good ))
    It's not a stash-it's a fabric library!
    http://www.mamisquilts.com/

Blog Entries
    it takes so much work to put up the decor that i want to enjoy it longer. i usually don't put it away until mid month.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Blog Entries
    Tree still up and lit until first weekend after Jan 6. "Special" decorations still around (LOVE to see them and remember). Other decorations put away yesterday.
    https://napquilting.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/NAPQuilting/

My GOAL is to ALWAYS ENJOY EVERY STEP of the quilting process....

I put up my decorations yesterday and today I spent sewing, yeah!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kathdavis View Post
    I had to return to school today as a teacher work day. Drats! I would have loved to sew. Now I'm too tired.
    I, also, have to go back today for inservice and tomorrow the kids start back. I am trying to figure out how I can sneak my sewing machine into the classroom! LOL....

Blog Entries
    Me too. We still have a friends Christmas to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins View Post
    I don't put Christmas away till Jan 6th, I like the idea of Little Christmas......and I also spent most of the day sewing. Happy New Quilting Year to ME!
    Desiderata (Max Ehrmann) - Walk placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by deedum View Post
    We got most of ours down, then I cut out a tumbler baby quilt and realized I don't have what I want for the border material. Then I fell and now nothing is getting done, decorations or quilting.
    You said "fell"
    Hope you are ok!

Blog Entries
    I spent two days using up my Christmas fabric by making 16 aprons and matching potholders. The Christmas stuff is half down and what a mess!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Took my tree down New Years Day. Am frantically hand quilting on a double quilt I started on about 2 years ago. Determined to get it done this year.

I have and I'm not ashamed of it. Household chores are more loyal than any husband or old dog---it doesn't matter how many others are in the house, chores will never cheat on you no matter how much you ignore them. They don't get their feelings hurt or get jealous. They'll sit right by your feet, to your left, right, front and or back and wait for you until you make time for them.
    I once left my tree up until two of my step children got to come home. I changed the decorations to go with the different seasons. By the time we were able to locate and go get them it was July so the tree had little flags and the lights were red, white, and blue.
    If no one ever experimented we'd all still be making 4 patches.

I have had to be at work and all I can think of is the unfinished little candy bar quilt sitting by my machine. The decorations are still up, the little quilt unfinished and this week-end will be a challenge....... quilt or decorations just like many of the rest of us!

Half and half. Can't go a week without being in my "imagine" room. When I look at my stash, I imagine what it will be.

Sewing it is for me. The decorations come down later this week.

Blog Entries
    oh yea... I took an extra day off and quilted away... never even turned on music... the day was almost over when I realized it... my decorations are still up, except for the tree.. needed that gone ... maybe next weekend...

Blog Entries
    Everything stays up here till Jan 6th which is Little Christmas

Blog Entries
    My stuff is all still up and it isn't driving me crazy yet. Probably because I've been in my sewing room almost non stop since before Thanksgiving. I'm working on the new Calypso quilt by Ro Gregg, loving the bright sunshiny colors!! It will be on display in my friend's new quilt shop later this month. My goal this year is one new project and one UFO per month so I probably won't even notice if my Holiday decorations are still up come July, lol!!
    Janome D1822/Janome 4618LE/1946 Singer 15-91 in original cabinet
    Bailey 17 Pro/Grace Original GMQ Frame with No-Flex carriage upgrade

Yes, I have been quilting and cleaning out my sewing room. I will not put my decorations away until next week.

Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Up North View Post
    I enjoy my tree more after Christmas than before with all the hustle and bustle! So it will be up a few more days.
    This is true for me..I love sitting in my decorated living room with only the tree lights on and enjoying...very calming ....and we never take down the tree until Epiphany.

I'm with ya...tree hasn't moved but my sewing machine has just been a buzzing!!
    *Rachel*

We set up the Christmas decorations at the coast and took everything down before coming back home yesterday. My only excuses for not quilting are the excessive heat. a sewing nachine that needs an expert hand to re-set the timing (and he only starts working on 9 Jan) and sheer laziness after the 5-hour drive home. Wait for the energy avalanche that is building up!

Had to take our tree down early because of my carpal tunnel surgery, DH needed help and we knew I would not be able to help much. Have been working on laying out quilt blocks on flannel tablecloth, trying to find a good pattern. Will order more fabric to complete the quilt. Reading quilt books and getting on this board while recovering.

Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins View Post
    I don't put Christmas away till Jan 6th, I like the idea of Little Christmas......and I also spent most of the day sewing. Happy New Quilting Year to ME!
    Ditto...hence the "Twelve Days of Christmas" song
    As you ramble on through life, brother,
    Whatever be your goal,
    Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
    And not upon the hole!
    ~Optimist's Creed (Anonymous)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast