Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Am I the only one?

Unhappy Am I the only one?

I have several yoyo's. The round kind I haven't a problem with, however, the heart, butterfly & flower. I can't seem to get them to look like what they are supposed to be. I follow the directions but they still turn out looking like a mess. Anyone have any suggestions? Or should I just sell them or give to someone as a gift? Frustrated!!!
    wonderfully and beautifully made, even if you can't see it on the outside

Blog Entries
    The heart is not that bad for me but the other shapes never look right. I love the big oval shape yo yo. It makes wonderful flower petals.
    Got fabric?

The heart is not that bad but the butterfly was more difficult but play around pull the thread and slid around pull it again... Its a lot more work I would only use it as an ascent.

I don't have much success using these tools either. But, I would like to try the oval one.

The ordinary yo-yos work well and fast. I've used the heart template with much success. There is, as with everything, a bit of a trick and you actually have to shape it by pulling this and that way and also sometimes use a pin to tame the folds. The flower is a bit finicky and I perfer to use other methods for flowers. I can't wait to get hold of the butterly one and the oval one, but they are not available here yet. DFon't sell yet, give it another go..