Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8
Results 176 to 195 of 195

Thread: Am I the only one who...

  1. #176
    Junior Member joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    203
    Never wear shoes in the house,,,,,so when I sew,,,,in stocking feet.... ;)

  2. #177
    Super Member gzuslivz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington
    Posts
    1,472
    Quote Originally Posted by scowlkat
    Rule in my house - no shoes or bra! (unless company comes when I will at least put a bra on but mostly leave the shoes off)
    Oh, yes! My bra comes off after the coat and before the shoes! And, depending on the company, stays off!!

    As far as shoes, I can pretty much sew with or without. But I do spend most of my time at home without.

  3. #178
    Super Member gzuslivz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington
    Posts
    1,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Patti
    As you can see from the cartoon my father drew of me, I not only sew with my shoes on but I do it in RED HIGH HEELS!!!!
    Oh, Patti! How precious. Do you have it framed in your sewing room? I would if I had one from my daddy!

  4. #179
    Power Poster nativetexan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    home again, after 27 yrs!
    Posts
    19,103
    Blog Entries
    2
    yep, i do it too. i sometimes drive barefoot too. depends on what shoes i have on.

  5. #180

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1
    I most often sew in my stocking feet. Even when I am taking sewing classes, off come the shoes.

  6. #181
    Junior Member Patti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corona,California
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by gzuslivz
    Quote Originally Posted by Patti
    As you can see from the cartoon my father drew of me, I not only sew with my shoes on but I do it in RED HIGH HEELS!!!!
    Oh, Patti! How precious. Do you have it framed in your sewing room? I would if I had one from my daddy!
    Thank you.....I do have it framed in my sewing room!!!!

  7. #182
    Senior Member Rachel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    Me too.. Cant feel the foot petal with shoes.. lol.. Half the time I have one shoe on and one shoe off..lol..
    I thought I was the only one that did this. tee hee

  8. #183
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    jamestown, new york
    Posts
    1,688
    nope. I'm always barefoot or in slippers.

  9. #184
    Junior Member SewsonSaturday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oak Harbor WA
    Posts
    186
    i sew bare footed or in sock but wear shoes while cutting... dont rally know wh but ill normaly even go look for shoes if they are not near me when i go to cut...

  10. #185
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    About middle Tennessee
    Posts
    788
    None of my family wears shoes in the house. It's a habit we have that as soon as we come in the door, our shoes go off and sometimes even our socks. Don't know when or why we started this.

  11. #186
    Senior Member kathidahl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland
    Posts
    528
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodee
    None of my family wears shoes in the house. It's a habit we have that as soon as we come in the door, our shoes go off and sometimes even our socks. Don't know when or why we started this.
    Wish my DH would do this...I would have cleaner floors...LOL

  12. #187
    Super Member Annya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Queensland Australia
    Posts
    1,387
    Quote Originally Posted by kathidahl
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodee
    None of my family wears shoes in the house. It's a habit we have that as soon as we come in the door, our shoes go off and sometimes even our socks. Don't know when or why we started this.
    Wish my DH would do this...I would have cleaner floors...LOL
    I wish my husband would wipe his feet as he doesn't wear shoes outside either and he comes in with mud and grass on his feet. He just walks straight in not wiping them off at the door. There are 3 mats to use too.

  13. #188
    Senior Member kathidahl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland
    Posts
    528
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Annya
    Quote Originally Posted by kathidahl
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodee
    None of my family wears shoes in the house. It's a habit we have that as soon as we come in the door, our shoes go off and sometimes even our socks. Don't know when or why we started this.
    Wish my DH would do this...I would have cleaner floors...LOL
    I wish my husband would wipe his feet as he doesn't wear shoes outside either and he comes in with mud and grass on his feet. He just walks straight in not wiping them off at the door. There are 3 mats to use too.
    Annya, that is what I am talking about....ugh!

  14. #189
    Super Member Annya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Queensland Australia
    Posts
    1,387
    Quote Originally Posted by kathidahl
    Quote Originally Posted by Annya
    Quote Originally Posted by kathidahl
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodee
    None of my family wears shoes in the house. It's a habit we have that as soon as we come in the door, our shoes go off and sometimes even our socks. Don't know when or why we started this.
    Wish my DH would do this...I would have cleaner floors...LOL
    I wish my husband would wipe his feet as he doesn't wear shoes outside either and he comes in with mud and grass on his feet. He just walks straight in not wiping them off at the door. There are 3 mats to use too.
    Annya, that is what I am talking about....ugh!
    I definitely understand your problems too. Men are a great Pain in the Neck when it comes to being tidy.

  15. #190
    Super Member tolepainter54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    1,370
    Quote Originally Posted by vicki75
    can't sew with shoes on? :D I even kick them off if I'm taking a class or test driving a machine.
    I'm with you.

  16. #191
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    54
    I didn't know I had so much company. When Im hit the front door, If I have been out, off come the bra and shoes!
    So, I guess I sew with my shoes off, as well.
    Judy

  17. #192
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    upstate New York
    Posts
    1,191
    I'm with ya'll. Shoes are off when I sew. Can't seem to do it anyother way. But, I do keep shoes on when using the rotary cutter.

  18. #193
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    jamestown, new york
    Posts
    1,688
    Quote Originally Posted by joogoo
    I didn't know I had so much company. When Im hit the front door, If I have been out, off come the bra and shoes!
    So, I guess I sew with my shoes off, as well.
    Judy
    I do hope you check to see if you have company first before you do the bra part. Or wait until you are in the bed or bathroom. lol.

  19. #194
    Super Member Annya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Queensland Australia
    Posts
    1,387
    Quote Originally Posted by joogoo
    I didn't know I had so much company. When I've hit the front door, If I have been out, off come the bra and shoes!
    So, I guess I sew with my shoes off, as well.
    Judy
    I do the same thing. The bras are first to go then my shoes. I don't get many visitors so it does not matter if family are here. I can relax better when I am able to be free of restraints like them.

  20. #195
    Member softpatches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Olive Branch, MS
    Posts
    92
    Me 3, :)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.