Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: another money saving tip

Thanks for the info. I use a Canon printer and it does beautiful pictures on fabric, but the ink is over $60.00. I've never checked with Best Buy for ink, so I will check them out before I buy again. Thanks again.

Its only the Kodak ink that is that cheap. If you are looking for cheaper ink you can go to www.clickinks.com and see if they carry your brand to help you save some money.

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for all your advice re the steam cleaners MCH and C2CD2008 i am going to bookmark this and as soon as i can afford it i am going to get one!
    I already use the cloths and you are so right they are so great and i use them in the house and to wipe over the car once they have been washed. Windows come up sparkling too. i cant wait to get the steam cleaner so everything can sparkle..maybe even my teenage sons..hehehehe

When you guys refer to miracle cloths, are you talking about the micro fiber or chamois miracle cloth?
    Jo

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joannl
    When you guys refer to miracle cloths, are you talking about the micro fiber or chamois miracle cloth?
    Jo
    I am talking Microfibre and i buy mine from the car section at K-Mart.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Another thing I thought of, when I am going to be gone longer than a weekend I turn off the breaker to my hot water tank. I leave a note on the floor of my entryway to remind me to turn it back on as soon as I walk in :D

Blog Entries
    This is a GREAT thread!
    1. How much does the Shark steamer cost?
    2. We turn the main water valve going INTO the house off when we leave the house on a trip. Why? Because a 25 cent part on the shut-off valve on a toilet broke in '99, and the toilet tried to fill itself for MORE THAN A MONTH. This is Arizona, so the combo of extremely low humidity (10% or less), wall-to-wall carpeting and water-absorbing wallboard kept water from flowing out of the house. My Mom was taking care of our bills while we were gone, and she got a water bill for $400! She went to our house, turned off the water and called us in Montana. Fortunately, insurance covered all but the deductible, and we wanted to remodel anyway, but Arizona doesn't need wasted water. It could happen to you!
    JoanneS

thanks guys. we sure have some smart cookies on this board.
    i have learned a ton from you all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2