Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Another Silly ? - How much to spend @ Houston Quilt Festival? >

Another Silly ? - How much to spend @ Houston Quilt Festival?

Another Silly ? - How much to spend @ Houston Quilt Festival?

Old 10-28-2011, 04:50 AM

Houston is a huge show and it's easy to get overwhelmed with e ery thing you see. I usually walk all the aisles first, assessing e drugging and then go back to make my puchases, unless I see something that Ireally must have. This helps to control my spending as well as catagorizing what I want. Remember that fabri. Is usually marked up at shows, and you might find it cheaper at your LQS or the web. It also weighs more in aSuitcase. Have un and happy spending. Wish I was going with you. My dream is to get back to Houston.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy
Only take what is easily affordable. Then there will be no regrets and you will truly enjoy this experience (IMHO) - smile.
Ditto. I would just spend what I could afford without feeling guilty about it later.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:11 AM
Banned

I'm like you. I'm taking cash to the show and when I'm out of money, I'm done spending. I'm also taking $200.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:43 AM

Agree I take cash and when it is gone, that's the end of my spending. Otherwise, my CC bill would be HUGE.

If you have time, I would take a quick walk through first of the sales area. Mark the booths where you see possible purchases. Then go back through those.

There is nothing worse than finding what you wanted in a later booth for less!

In smaller shows, I often make at least 3 trips around the sales area, but would be pretty impossible in Houston!

I think in the past I have taken between $100 and $200, but I tend to NOT buy fabric at shows. Just because it seems to be marked really high as compared to what I normally spend.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:40 PM

You should take what you can afford and a credit card for emergencies. You know the emergency fabric that you just have to have. That's a good idea to write down the booths that you see something that you want in. I don't do that, and then can't find it again. Have fun and post pictures of your bounty.