Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
any fabric lines with these specific colors? >

any fabric lines with these specific colors?

any fabric lines with these specific colors?

Old 09-22-2014, 08:26 AM

Default any fabric lines with these specific colors?

I'm finally ready to start planning my younger son's "baby" quilt (um, yeah, he's almost 4). I want to do it in shades of brown, yellow, and green. Is there any fabric line that incorporates all three of those colors? I've looked online until my eyes are crossed, and have yet to find anything. I don't want anything babyish or very flowery, but otherwise I'm pretty flexible.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:47 AM

These fabrics are cute but won't be out until Dec. 2014.

http://www.quiltingtreasures.com/content20360.html

My co-workers daughter loves fish themes & wants that when she has a baby. I may have to order some of this in Dec. for a future quilt (don't know price of fabric at this time). I hope it's not too expensive for me.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:50 AM

Check Kaffe Fassett fabric. I have some older fabric with those colors and a modern-ish pattern. Would look cute as a baby quilt.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:17 AM

Not sure if you need to have a feature fabric with those colors all together in one fabric. If not, I've been to my LQS & was able to get all of those colors in Robert Kaufman fabrics. Sounds super cute!

Also, if you don't mind also having a bit of orange added to those colors, I got a really cute line from V.I.P Fabrics that has rabbits, carrots, etc in it with a pale yellow, grass green, bright orange, white & brown. It would look nice in either a girl's or boy's room. The line is called "Bunnies by the Bay".
Old 09-22-2014, 11:39 AM

This is a cute line: https://www.fabric.com/quilting-fabr...Friendzy&rfc=1
Old 09-22-2014, 02:25 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! Those are some cute fabrics. I'm trying to stay away from anything too "little kid/baby," since I've waited so long to get this started. I'm probably going to make it a larger size and would like to have something he can use even when he's too cool for cute things.

Originally Posted by Bree123 View Post
Not sure if you need to have a feature fabric with those colors all together in one fabric. If not, I've been to my LQS & was able to get all of those colors in Robert Kaufman fabrics. Sounds super cute!
That's probably what I'm going to do. His big brother's quilt (still a work in progress 8 years later...) is a rail fence in greyish-blue, soft green, and butter yellow, with a small floralish (but not *too* floral) print - no real feature fabric - and I think that will work well for little guy, too, in different colors. I just need to pick a day when the kids are at school/preschool and go to my LQS for some serious shopping.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:47 PM

I think I may have found what I want, even though it's not exactly what I had envisioned:. http://www.fatquartershop.com/riley-...designs-fabric - the brown starburst and blue starburst, and the cream jacks as the background fabric.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:04 PM
Power Poster

Robert Kaufman has a line called Fusions that has at least 88 different colors. Check their site. So many choices.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:59 AM

I love the Hooty-hoot Returns prints!. I'm not much for juvenile prints, but those are nice. If you need more variety in those colors, you might try some Civil War reproduction prints, especially shirtings.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:24 AM

I would check Rileyblakedesigns.com - they do have some collections for boys in those colors - they have wonderful fabrics for kids, adults, and teens - best of all - they do all the matching for you. Also, greenfairyquilts.com sells most of the Riley Blake fat quarter bundles - you can get great deals there - good luck.