Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any long arms made in the USA

I started another thread http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-64192-9.htm#1584840 about how my local dealer got dropped as a reseller for Pfaff and Viking (SVP) and people have been discussing the outsourcing of manufacturing of sewing machines to Asia.

I'd like to know, as I'm sure others would. What if any long arms are made in the USA? I'd like to keep this discussion to long arms as it's pretty much been made clear there are no short arms(home machines) made in the US anymore.

I know I could probably find this info. by googling each specific long arm manufacturer, but I bet there are those who know and could compile the info. quicker for us.

Handiquilter is made in Utah.

I think all the longarms are made in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    I think all the longarms are made in the USA.
    I don't know if this is true. But, I wonder how long before they start outsourcing to Asia too:< And part of why they're so darn expensive.

Banned
    APQS is built in the USA, the factory is in Carroll Iowa. AND, nothing is outsourced out of the US either. Some manufactures assemble their units here, but the parts are not USA made.

Innova is US made.Nolting is not

It says right at the top of Nolting's web site "Made in USA." http://nolting.com/index.php

Bailey's Home Quilter is made in the USA and are an affordable long arm.

What about the Babylock Jewel? China?

Quote Originally Posted by cjtinkle
    APQS is built in the USA, the factory is in Carroll Iowa. AND, nothing is outsourced out of the US either. Some manufactures assemble their units here, but the parts are not USA made.
    See, this is some of that word trickery that gets us. They can probably get away saying made in the U.S. if it's simply assembled here. I'd like to know which manufacturers only assemble here and import all the pieces. It does help in the decision process to be completely informed and make your choice on all the facts. Not that I'm in the market for one right this second. ;>

Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt301
    Handiquilter is made in Utah.
    tin lizzie in utah. a family company. i believe all the parts are produced and assembled here. i believe. now i have to check.

A1 is made in the US

Innova is made in TEXAS.

Blog Entries
    The Babylock Jewel was made by HandiQuilter. Not sure about the newer Crown Jewel.

I thank Gammell is made in Missouri.

Gammill is manufactured in West Plains, Missouri. I just looked it up on internet. I remember when my sister got her gammill and she lives in Springfield, Missouri and she
    said hers came from just down the road.
    dreamboat

Banned
    That's correct, although I'm fairly certain Gammil outsources much of their components.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamboat
    Gammill is manufactured in West Plains, Missouri. I just looked it up on internet. I remember when my sister got her gammill and she lives in Springfield, Missouri and she
    dreamboat

That's correct, although I'm fairly certain Gammil outsources much of their components.

dreamboat
    Do you have some kind of cite for that info?

Banned
    No I do not know that for a fact. A simple call to the factory with very specific questions should answer that for you.

dreamboat
    Do you have some kind of cite for that info?

[quote=cjtinkle]No I do not know that for a fact. A simple call to the factory with very specific questions should answer that for you.

[quote=Scissor Queen][quote=cjtinkle]That's correct, although I'm fairly certain Gammil outsources much of their components.

When you claim something like that you should be able to back it up. If you don't have some kind of info to back it up then you shouldn't make the claims. Since I'm not the one making the claims I don't need to do the research to back it up but you should.

Banned
    Well pardon me. I didn't state it as fact, unlike my statement about the APQS machines, which I do know for a fact. Since I'm FAIRLY certain my comment about the outsourcing for Gammil is correct, I thought I would mention it in case it is important to someone researching the product.

You make it sound as if I were attempting to slander the company, which was not my intent at all. Gammil makes a fine machine, the factor is just outside of my hometown in Ava Missouri, and was one of my 3 choices when choosing my own longarm.

When you claim something like that you should be able to back it up. If you don't have some kind of info to back it up then you shouldn't make the claims. Since I'm not the one making the claims I don't need to do the research to back it up but you should.

Well pardon me. I didn't state it as fact, unlike my statement about the APQS machines, which I do know for a fact. Since I'm FAIRLY certain my comment about the outsourcing for Gammil is correct, I thought I would mention it in case it is important to someone researching the product.

You make it sound as if I were attempting to slander the company, which was not my intent at all. Gammil makes a fine machine, the factor is just outside of my hometown in Ava Missouri, and was one of my 3 choices when choosing my own longarm.

I appreciate the discussion.

I think, just like a lot of manufacturing in the US, many standard parts are used, and many of those are made outside the country. The final assembly for most longarms is the USA.

Blog Entries
    Why do some of these discussion seem to get fairly nasty? I see NO reason for it.

I've rubbed people the wrong way here, and others have aggravated me. It happens :>

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast