Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: any one use the rubber tipped gloves to machine quilt?

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    I am watching multiple utubes.. seems like a great too is : rubber tipped gloves..

anyone use these?

thank you .
    Ell

I was given a pair for Christmas by my Quilting Godmother, Maggie_1963, I've been sewing/quilting since Sept. 2010, I like using the gloves and can tell a difference in manuevering the fabric.

I can quilt without mine. They really help grip and move the fabric and my hands don't get as tired.

I can quilt without mine. They really help grip and move the fabric and my hands don't get as tired.

I use the tight, white gloves that are sold for MQ. I have tried other things, but like these the best. I think they are called Magfingas or something like that.

Blog Entries
    I like FMQ-ing with them. They do help a lot.

I also have the rubber coated gloves, machingers or something like that they are called.
    Love them, makes a world of difference from bare handed.
    Got them for under 5 dollars so well worth the investment!

I just use the dollar store gardening gloves with the little rubber dots all over them. Works great for me! And the best part: only a buck!!!

I use them. They help alot for holding and moving the quilt around while you quilt.

tip I received from a guest quilt teacher was to cut the fingers off the gloves and use the fingers only...buy your gloves a size smaller than normal so they'll fit snugly...keeps hands cooler but gives you the benefit of the rubber fingers....works for me really well. This particular teacher also uses only three fingertips...thumb, pointer finger and middle finger. Works for her, but no so well for me.

I use rubber tips on 2 or 3 of my fingers on each hand. They sell them in office supply stores and I think I've seen them on someone's quilting supply web site also. Women used to use them when they filed papers a lot. I find it less cumbersome than using gloves, but it's just a personal choice.

I am still practicing. I found out yesterday the biggest help is to get the cat off the quilt - she is a dead weight!!

Quote Originally Posted by jbud2
    I am still practicing. I found out yesterday the biggest help is to get the cat off the quilt - she is a dead weight!!
    LMAO!!

Blog Entries
    I have Machingers and they work well to grip and move the fabric easily. I also have tips and they are ok too. I'm still trying to get more comfortable with FM - slowly learning :)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Cant quilt without them. I started with the dollar store gardening gloves. They work really wll but are very hot. I have a pair of Machiners or whatever they are called,and a pair from Fons and Porter.

Blog Entries
    Yep, can't quilt without them. I've even used them for piecing when I'm joining long rows.

I bought a light-weight pair of garden gloves for about a dollar that work well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsey
    I bought a light-weight pair of garden gloves for about a dollar that work well for me.
    Mine are years old and still going strong. Maybe because I just don't do that much FMQ anymore.

My best quilting friend uses garden gloves also. They have the same grippers and are much less expensive!

ali

I use the Machingers and they work very well!

KR
    Quote Originally Posted by maine ladybug
    I use the tight, white gloves that are sold for MQ. I have tried other things, but like these the best. I think they are called Magfingas or something like that.
    Machingers. I wouldn't be without mine.

They are great. It makes it easier to FMQ on my home machine without getting sore hands and shoulders.

Blog Entries
    I have several pair of "quilting" gloves but my favorite are a pair of winter gloves I bought on sale at CVS for 99 cents. They have the l ittle rubber dots on the fingers and palm for driving I think. But whatever you use I think it is a MUST to have some type of gripper gloves to FMQ.

I have so much more control of the fabric with these gloves - maybe it`s because the air here in Colorado is so dry. My favorites are Machingers.

I can't quilt without the gloves. I buy them from Joans. The first time I bought them too big and they didn't work well. I think they are wonderful and sure help slide that quilt around.

I use my machingers for fmq all the time, makes a big difference in controling the quilt and the consistency of the stitch quality. I just saw a new product, can't remember what it was called,duh, but it strapped around the palm of your hand, looked like some type of foam material. The idea is to keep your fingers free for bobbin changes, needle threading, etc. Has anyone tried this new product?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast