Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Any other "lurkers" out there >
  • Any other "lurkers" out there

• Any other "lurkers" out there

Old 05-02-2011, 04:49 AM

please post your pictures.....I'm sure your things are very nice! If you need any help with anything, we can all offer suggestions...that's how we learn.
    Old 05-02-2011, 04:54 AM

"Any other 'lurkers' out there"???

Sure are! ..... I am still one most days .... I am somewhat a newbie to the art of quilting, so I have little to contribute to the general conversation ..... most of my comments are to the "WOW" pictures of finished items ....

My hesitancy to join in the conversation has to do as much with computer illiteracy as anything else .... I do not have scanning and camera capabilities .... I get computer time where ever and when ever I can, so it limits things ...

It took me a long time to figure out that even though I was "registered" on the quiltingboard, I could not comment on specific posts unless I actually "logged in" ..... and that when I did "log in" it gave me a nice little option of "reply" and "quote reply" under the poster's post ..... voila!

and if I clicked on one of these I got a big box to reply into .... and to the left of this box I got these cute little "smilies" and "tags" to choose from to incorporate into my reply ..... which I am STILL trying to figure out ....

I also learned that I have to remember to hit the "send" button at the end of this message or it is all wasted motion

.... and that my own message will pop up on my screen again and I have to remember NOT to click send again, as it has already been sent ..... whew! .... but once done it is not intimidating to try to figure it all out again later....

So Lurkers.....try it ... you'll like it ...

Lurking is a good thing ..... like silent babies trying to find voices, lurkers still have ears/eyes to gather in a lot of good stuff and form better questions for the other board members to respond to in the long-run ....

I say lurk as long as you want .... feel comfortable ....you are still a board member ... and you will get braver with your first post .....

Now, how do I start a new topic? ....hmmmmm..... let's go to the top menu ..... :)
    Old 05-02-2011, 05:12 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Happy Tails
    Welcome from Nova Scotia - lurking is against the law yano, lolol
    Welcome from Tennessee--good thing there are no 'lurking' police. Come on, Show your stuff. We love it!
    Old 05-02-2011, 05:16 AM

I have been wuilting and sewing a lot longer than some on this board but my skill level is not up with theirs either. No one on here is negative only encouraging so post away.
    Old 05-02-2011, 05:17 AM

Have you checked the main board? .... there is a section/posting by crazyquilter (I think) called "newbies challenge"

That post is putting out the word for people such as yourself to ask to be "adopted" by a more seasoned quilter so that you can get individual attention to get you started - or to get you out of a jam if you have come to a puzzeling part of an on-going project .....

Although not specific to this QUILTING board, your talents as a seasoned sew-er and embroidery expert will surely be of help to many here ... if only by the PM (Private Message) capability of this board.

Originally Posted by luv2so
    Right here. I've been sewing since I was 12 (65 now) and doing machine embroidery for 17 years. Decided it was time to learn to quilt so I found this group to join. I was hoping I could learn from these ladies and gentleman. And believe me I have. I've learned that I was going to embark on a journey that I was never going to learn. The quilts and projects I see here are amazing. I just gave up the idea but still like to see all the beautiful things the group makes. I'd embarrass myself if I even attempted to quilt, if even a wallhanging.
    Old 05-02-2011, 05:18 AM

I am a lurcker also cause I don't know how to post my pictures, Need to get my granddaugher to show me how. I love seeing all the quilts * it always gives me new ideas!
    Old 05-02-2011, 05:26 AM

Guess you are going to continue to lurk. I went in search of your pictures and found known. Hopefully you are taking them to post. One you start, you will enjoy it. I had to figure out how to post them too. Well, you started the post, now to follow suggestions...LOL
    Old 05-02-2011, 05:29 AM

Join the Doll Quilt Swap!! There are all levels of work and they all turn out great. They're small, quickly done and display so nicely. Plus, you learn with each one. Come play with us!!!
    Old 05-02-2011, 05:32 AM

Dear Kayaker 26: I have been quilting for over 36 years and I'm not at the piont some of the people on the borad are or think they are. but for me quilting is something that I love to do and if some of the up crust don't like that is to bad. I make my quilt to be use and loved by my family and friends and I don't care with they think.[the upper crust} SO quilt your quilts and be happy, share with me anytime I will love to look at anything you do. in my mind they are no bad quilt. Just small minded people. NOW let see some pictures.HAPPY QUILTING.
    Old 05-02-2011, 05:33 AM

I am by no means a professional. I see others work as a dream that I would some day hope to achieve. We all start somewhere. My quilts are far from perfect, and I don't quilt, I tie. Can't afford the prices to get one professionally done.
    I'm proud of my work, and you should be of yours. Please post pictures and join in to our board.

Welcome from Eastern, Arizona
    Brenda