Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anybody Know about Fabric scales?

Quote Originally Posted by quiltmaker
    OH, my mistake it was proxibid.com...and I went to find it again and it must have been deleted as it had been sold. Dang, it truly was the same as yours. Wish they'd had a description as I am very curious about it. I kept looking for awhile and haven't found anything yet...sometimes it's just the way you word everything. Wish I'd bookmarked that site for you and we'd have it.

So it says it was for measuring fabric....how did they do it with that? Have you figured it out yet?

Well I haven't done anything with it as yet, just may end up being a show piece in my sewiing room???It says scale is furnished with basic cradle hook, interchangeable hook to double readings, and carring case. Does 36" to 45" width of fabric.
    I think you got a fabulous unique vintage find!

Blog Entries
    The one I remember in a dept store when I was a child was heavy metal gray colored with a thick glass round face. the face plate moved like a round tape measure and measured every 1/8 inch of fabric. It was mounted on the end of the table. This was in the late 60's early 70's. The fabric was notched but cut with scissors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2