Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone cut fabric for others as a business >

Anyone cut fabric for others as a business

Anyone cut fabric for others as a business

Old 10-21-2011, 07:37 AM
Power Poster

John Flynn's daughter sells laser cut kits, both pre-cut and custom. I don't know how well they sell but you might check her prices. http://www.flynnquilt.com/#

If you are thinking about a local business, you might check with quilt stores and guilds and ask if they see a market for it. I know a local quilt store cuts fabric (for free) for one of the elderly quilters. I agree that mailing fabric back and forth would drive the cost way up.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Power Poster

I looked into it. Zero interest.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Grace MooreLinker
Check with your locatal fabric store you may pick up business from them. Try that before going all out in a business.
I don't think I ever said I was going all out in a business. I'm looking how to price cutting for other locally that have asked me to do so.

Guess I pretty much just want to recoup some dollars on wear and tear of dies and machine and certainly on the mats used to cut.

Even though some would not pay someone else to cut for them many would and in my area with many quilters being older, or those with medical problems who love to quilt or those who choose not to invest in a machine and dies are more than willing to pay someone else to cut for them.

And I'm willing to do so but won't do it for free since my time is valuable and the use and replacements of mats and dies should be compensated in some fashion.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by MissSandra
I"m getting ready to do a kaleidoscope and the woman who cuts for me charges 10.00 for 12 blocks which is 72 peices
hope it helps.
Yes it does. Thank you.

Have a price in mind but wanted to see if it was in line with others that do the same.