Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone else bored with Quilt Magazines >

Anyone else bored with Quilt Magazines

Anyone else bored with Quilt Magazines

Old 01-30-2011, 11:40 AM

I used to get 4 mags, now I only subscribe to one. They are repetitive. I may browse through them in the fabric store or book store, but I will only buy if I see something I think I may really want to try. They are too expensive, too.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:41 AM

I do the same thing and have 3 binders full of patterns. I calculated that I'll have to live to be 132 to finish all of those projects. Now I go to the thrift store and if there is a magazine I haven't read, I buy it for .25.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:45 AM

I do the same thing and have 3 binders full of patterns. I calculated that I'll have to live to be 132 to finish all of those projects. Now I go to the thrift store and if there is a magazine I haven't read, I buy it for .25.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:02 PM

I,m letting all my subscriptions lapse,too. Got McCalls 2 days ago and as usual, nothing of interest in it. Will keep Quiltmaker as long as Bonnie Hunter is there. When she is gone, so am I.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:09 PM

I think the main reason I am getting bored is the ugly fabrics(IMO) they are using. I am so tired of the colors!
Old 01-30-2011, 12:12 PM

I, too, have stopped all quilting magazines for reasons already posted. I also get upset when they offer the 2 for 1 & wish they would reduce the price of my own subscription.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Banned

Wow! I did not know there were so many that felt the same way I do! I am so happy I am not alone.

I heard about this discussion and ran over to see what it was all about.

In the past few years, I too have become greatly disappointed in the decrease of creative, fun projects in magazines because of their need to make space for more advertising. Equally as disappointing is the fact that pattern instructions are kept to such a severe minimum due to resulting space limitations.

This inspired me to create a new magazine that will provide quilters with more patterns, more quilting articles, and more value for their money. "The Quilt Pattern Magazine" is unique in that it is totally online.

If you would like to investigate something totally different in the magazine world, I invite you to visit "The Quilt Pattern Magazine" at http://www.quiltpatternmagazine.com. You can view the contents of our first two issues.

This is a quilting magazine designed by a quilter for quilters. We are not a big company, but a small group of quilters that want to provide more to the quilting community. 8o)

Cindy Mccoy
http://www.quiltpatternmagazine.com
Old 01-30-2011, 12:30 PM

I'd agree except that I just went through my latest copy of McCall's Quilting and there isn't one project in there that I don't want to do! This is one magazine I look forward to and this issue sure didn't disappoint.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:33 PM

I, also, keep seeing the same thing over and over again. I am letting all of my subscriptions expire.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:38 PM

Maybe what we need to do since so many on here let their sub. expire is the next time we get a notice from the magazines is to write them and tell them why we are not renewing our subscription. Maybe they will change .