Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else have this problem with MSQ?

Anyone else have this problem with MSQ?

Since Friday I've left five messages at Missouri Star Quilts customer service. I have a problem with an order involvingFriday's Daily Deal , a gift certificate, and Sunday's Daily Deal. They're a good company and I've never had a problem reaching them before. Does anyone know if they are having a problem with their messaging system? Has anybody else had trouble reaching them? I don't understand why nobody has called me back. I've also documented this issue in an email to customer service and that hasn't had a response either. Any advice will be appreciated, I don't know what else I can do. Thanks for reading.

MSQ has a Forum. Maybe try posting your question there. I have seen other people do that when they have not been able to get a hold of them.

Just after I hit "send" on the above posting, you guessed it, I had a call from MSQ customer service. A lovely and helpful young woman named Kim told me they are very far behind and just now getting to calls left on 12/11. She was able to help with my problem, all is well, and thanks to Dingle for info on their forum. I knew something had to be wrong. MSQ is reliable and didn't reach such heights of popularity with poor customer service.

Blog Entries
    They are very good about fixing any problems with an order.

I really like MSQC but I think they get overwhelmed and fall behind. I am sorry to say that I have canceled a few orders because they don't get them shipped very quickly

Doesn't surprise me that they are often overwhelmed this time of the year.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I love MSQ and have never had an issue with an order.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Blog Entries
    I suddenly stopped getting the email, none on Sunday or Monday. So I signed up again. I think they are changing sites.

Glad your problem has been solved. You are to be commended for sharing the whole story to show how caring they are about their customers. Several of us, including me, have fallen through the cracks with this forum website. When I stopped getting the daily emails I thought the forum had ceased because I got no response to emails. Then I discovered I could access it through Google. I go to the website on my browser because I still do not receive the email even when I respond to the 'sign up for the email' question.

I know that it always takes a little too long for customer service to respond.
    Carmen E.

It is a family owned and run business. Everyone gets behind at this time of year---even me!
    All my grand-children have paws.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs. fitz View Post
    Since Friday I've left five messages at Missouri Star Quilts customer service. I have a problem with an order involvingFriday's Daily Deal , a gift certificate, and Sunday's Daily Deal. They're a good company and I've never had a problem reaching them before. Does anyone know if they are having a problem with their messaging system? Has anybody else had trouble reaching them? I don't understand why nobody has called me back. I've also documented this issue in an email to customer service and that hasn't had a response either. Any advice will be appreciated, I don't know what else I can do. Thanks for reading.
    I did, but they answered my email and were very gracious and apologetic
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

In this time of instant gratification, we must remember people are not machines. Be patient and I am sure you will get taken care of, when they get to you.
    I know most people think all revolves around them but not always.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    I've had to wait a couple days for a call back, but have always received a very helpful call back.
    rvsfan
    A Ricky Van Shelton fan

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I always go to the forum for questions.

I love MSQ & I order from them quite often. My problem with them is it takes them forever to respond to a question or concern. I'm talking several days. It doesn't matter the time of year it is. They always tell you the same thing that they have been swamped. I'm sure they are busy. Maybe they are always short staffed I don't know but that isn't very good customer service. When they finally do get back with you though they are very nice & helpful. Also they can be very slow shipping. Other times they are pretty good.

I had a similar experience and it was my first time shopping with them. I am willing to give them a second try since this is a busy time of year. Filling my order and shipping was slow but then so was Keepsake Quilting. On the other hand Connecting Threads's was as fast as ever.

Power Poster
    Good to know that they were just bogged down with calls, but that they do call to help with any problems.

At least they do try to make things right. Most places want to make it your problem not theirs. I quit ordering from many popular online sites because of poor customer service.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I have never had a problem. They are a great company and I am sure very busy with having such great buys. Glad they got back to you and everything worked out.

ro
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    never had a problem. give them another call!

I love MSQ and though I have had no urgent problems, I feel their company has given a lot of freebies that my patience in such times is appreciated. The youtube videos they put out are great and I know they all work very hard. This time of year any online orders are going to be a challenge.

Power Poster
    I had problems with getting in touch with them a month or so ago. I called several times a day for two days and finally gave up and ordered what I needed from Connecting threads. They are very easy to reach. I like Missouri Star but their phone service is not the best.

dae

Problems -

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. fitz View Post
    I,too, have not received the Daily Deals for about 5 days.... and no reply to an email... until today, when someone apologized for the confusion and re-subscribed me... and said "If no email tomorrow, contact my email provider." . I had already called tech support, who could not help. I have had no problems with orders, or anything, before.

I too had a problem a little while back with a daily deal plus some additional items I odered, I received no confirmation, hence I contacted MSQ, and was in turn, contacted with an apology about their delay.....I think that MSQ is no longer a MA and PA type store, but I still love MSQ and certainly find Me Doan's YouTube videos very helpful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast