Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is anyone familiar with Keepsake Fabrics? >

Is anyone familiar with Keepsake Fabrics?

Is anyone familiar with Keepsake Fabrics?

Old 04-23-2011, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by MTS
They're like a modern day version of the cigarette fabric collectibles - but reproductions.

I remember her from eBay. She found herself a very nice little niche in the market.
I never bought from her as the last thing I needed was something new to collect. :roll:

But I've always loved the way people have incorporated them into crazy quilts.

Panel is sort of a strange term to use - I always think of that as relatively large. These are actually quite small - photo size (3"x5" to 5"x8").

Hmmm, maybe I'll pick up one or two. But that's it. ;-)

Here's some history if you're interested:
http://www.fabrics.net/LauretteTobaccoQuilts.asp

Yes, MTS this is true. I was tempted many times to purchase some to try for my crazy quilts and still might do so. I think her work is really nice. Thanks for the great website.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:22 AM

I thought they were adorable. I'd like to see what anyone does with them. Hopefully everyone will keep us posted on this one. I'll be watching.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:28 AM

I sometimes wish I weren't so familiar with Keepsake quilting. I get their catalog and always find wonderful things to order, especially with their free shipping orders. LOL. They have nice things. And I am like others, I don't need more to collect or start so just looking at the little panels. LOL. Thanks for sharing. By the way, your puppy looks to be a "lot" spoiled. LOL. I love our pets. HUGS♥♥
Old 04-23-2011, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I sometimes wish I weren't so familiar with Keepsake quilting. I get their catalog and always find wonderful things to order, especially with their free shipping orders. LOL. They have nice things. And I am like others, I don't need more to collect or start so just looking at the little panels. LOL. Thanks for sharing. By the way, your puppy looks to be a "lot" spoiled. LOL. I love our pets. HUGS♥♥
Just to make it absolutely, positively clear, the website cited by the OP has nothing whatsoever to do with Keepsake Quilting. Nothing, nada, zip. :D
Old 04-23-2011, 06:26 AM

It looks like some of the same stuff on this site.

http://oldeamericaantiques.com/catalog/-c-30.html

I've never ordered, but have drooled extensively. Maybe the explanations on this site will give you a better handle on what you are looking at.