Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
anyone have a accuquilt go? >

anyone have a accuquilt go?

anyone have a accuquilt go?

Old 11-03-2011, 11:20 AM

I have one, and love it for a lot of cutting. I decided to clean out my fat quarters, so all I had to do was fold in half and cut it into 2" strips, since I am doing a scrappy quilt using 2 " strips. I cut them really fast, and if you put the unfolded side right up the the first line to cut, you will have enough on the other side to make another strip. I cut a Dresden plate quilt from it also, and it was really faster than doing it by hand. I have the hearts also, and am anxious to do something with that. But for the blocks, I don't think I will do those, just sub-cut from the strips. I bought mine mostly for shapes and strips. I think it is worth the money, if you use it. I also share mine with my friends, if they provide their own cutting mats.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:27 AM

I dont have one but am thinking about getting one. From everyone I have talked with its better to get the go and not the baby go. Also before you buy check around on prices.........amazon.com has the Go for $199.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:41 AM

I have the GO and love it...I will not pay $80 for the strip dies, I can cut the strips myself, instead I buy the shape dies which are cheaper..and the shape dies are almost always on sale somewhere...
Old 11-03-2011, 12:07 PM

Labtecky- i know this is still alot, but amazon.com has the 1 1/2" strip dies for $52 and the 2 1/2" strip dies for $57......like I said, still pricey but better than $80!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:20 PM

I have the Accu Go, regular size. I use it constantly....I often make quilts from the ground up for customers and it is so fast! The only down side for me is that it is so fast, I usually cut too many pieces and have all sorts of left over triangles, chisels and tumblers. The quilts go together very quickly and the pieces fit perfectly. I made a tumbler quilt and cut too many pieces but I was able to take some of the tumbler pieces and recut them into chisels and triangles...you can use a lot of odd shaped scraps with this thing....I would not get rid of mine for anything...I love it.
Michelle
Old 11-07-2011, 12:09 AM

I went with the studio instead of the go, you can cut out more fabric at once and other reasons. I couldn't use my rotary cutter and mat anymore because of my hand and back. The accuquilt cutters are great on both. I don't regret buying mine at all.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:50 AM

I have the Go and love it. I'm especially liking it to teach my grandson how to sew and quilt. Mom said NO to a rotary cutter - and I agree - not for an 11 year old. He loves to use the Go and because it cuts accurate pieces, he feels more successful with his sewing.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Blueyeswv View Post
I am thinking about buying one...do they work good? are they worth the price? this is what I am looking at?
http://www.clotilde.com/detail.html?...eria=accuquilt
Go to baysidequilting.com for best price, $209.00 plus free shipping. They are wonderful.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
For new GO user...there are two yahoo groups (that I am aware of). One of them is also a dealer of dies(all brands).......check them out.....Just for added info on the cutters/dies...many tips, ideas and helpful hints are on both sites.
Geri, can you give us the links to those groups?

I bought the GO a couple wks. ago at Joann's on sale for $199. With my VIP discount, I saved another $20, so it was only $180 total. I have bought several dies - mostly applique - and am looking forward to trying it. I wasn't going to buy the strip dies, but after cutting 50 2-1/2" strips for a swap at a quilting retreat, I'm rethinking this!
Old 11-07-2011, 06:32 AM

I have the baby. All kinds of shapes for applique and temples for strips. I use it now and then. I asked Santa for it last Christmas and he came through. I love new tools to make things easier.