Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
anyone have quilting dreams? >

anyone have quilting dreams?

anyone have quilting dreams?

Old 02-04-2013, 03:49 PM

Have you tried BearPawquilting.com? They have a lot of the schools fabric and I know that ND used to print so the odds are good.
Originally Posted by pyffer3 View Post
I thought it was just me! LOL....my latest dreams have been of taking narrow stips and weaving them in and under tightly together into about 12 inch blocks including a border they are attached to and then sewing the blocks together. My other dream that has me stumped is that my husband has requested a Notre Dame quilt. I have spent a lot of time looking for Notre Dame themed fabric or designs. Nothing, Nada, Zip! So, I thought I would just do an ND design in navy blue on a gold background maybe with a shamrock border(?) not sure....see what dreams do to you. I could go on but why bother, you all know my pain!
Old 02-05-2013, 03:00 PM

Default Idea for a school quilt

I looked around for ND fabric and while a few sites had it advertised on their page, I could not find any to order. Here are two pictures of a USC quilt I made. I scanned the logo and enlarged it on my printer. Then I traced it out of Steam a seam and made my own iron on applique. I know i Had USC fabric for my blocks, but you could do something similar with just the school colors. I know its not the same, but just an idea...hope this helps...
Attached Thumbnails p1010048.jpg   blog-658.jpg  
Old 02-05-2013, 03:01 PM

PS...I also quilt in my sleep..my DH said I cannot quilt on my frame past 8:30 at night...seems I thrash around in the bed all night trying to quilt! now i just toddle off to the sewing machine and piece for awhile!
Old 02-05-2013, 03:50 PM

I eat sleep and dream quilts...I too keep a notebook to write things down, or otherwise I would never be able to get back to sleep worrying about forgetting ..I also lay there doing the math to determine fabric amounts while trying to fall asleep...I am not working because of disabilty, so my life is not so structured, and if I don't get much sleep at night, I can get it later!! ..I love the apocalypse dream... Luckily none of mine have been that vivid...After reading several novels about the Amish, I did have a series of dreams that I was in an Amish quilting bee..That's the joke!! I would be shunned in a day!! Everyone enjoy your dreams and keep on coming up with your great ideas!!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:01 PM

Sometimes. On those nights, I wake up and I am disappointed that the stack of finished quilts is not really there where I left them.