Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone live near Rainbows End in Dunedin, Florida? >

Anyone live near Rainbows End in Dunedin, Florida?

Anyone live near Rainbows End in Dunedin, Florida?

Old 05-01-2011, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
Don't live there but have a condo on Anna Maria Island. I think RE is run by sisters and a brother sometimes works there... Or maybe a mother & daughter w/ son/brother sometimes there?
Peaceandjoy, DH and I went to Anna Maria Island way back in the early 80’s. I have fond memories of it. Do you know if Fast Eddie’s is still there? It was at the northern tip of the island. There logo was “Cold Food, Warm Beer.” We loved that restaurant.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:16 PM

You just named my other 2 favorite shops. I also like Scrap and Sew in Lutz, Quilt Til You Wilt in Hudson, and Quilts on Plum Lane in Dade City.
Originally Posted by jeank
I always say that if Rainbow's end doesn't have it, stop looking. I only go there if I can't locate what I need.

But as a friendlier shop and not so pricey, I prefer Country Quilts and Bears in Clearwater, and Happy Apple Quilts/Crafty Threadsin Oldsmar (mailing address, Tampa).

Jean in MI/FL
Old 05-01-2011, 02:25 PM

Great to hear that there are some other shops to visit the next time!
I'll have to find out where Anna Maria Island is, too!
Old 05-01-2011, 02:40 PM

Rainbows end has an amazing selection, but I agree Country Quilts is very friendly and has a wonderful varied, though smaller selection. They have wonderful classes and a great Christmas mystery quilt activity. They can give you great advice in matching up to a group or guild too. I live here all the time, but many responsibilities at my school and family don't allow time for group/guild activities. Welcome to the Tampa Bay area and remember this phrase: Go Rays!!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 05:12 PM

AMI us about an hour south from the Tampa airport - or 25 minutes from the Sarasota Bradentton Airport. If you know where Bradenton is, you take a bridge over to AMI. We first went over 20 years ago, and when we had the chance, bought a condo there. Don't get there often, but in a few more years, hope to get away from western NY winters!

Nope, Fast Eddie's is gone. No chains in the island, still, but many of the restaurants that we used to love are gone. Rotten Ralph's, AMI Pier and the Gulf Drive Cafe are the only ones that have been there the entire time we've been going (maybe the Sandbar, but we didn't take kids there!).

Plugging a few more FL shops - Cotton Patch just south of Bradenton and Quilter's Haven in Palmetto
Old 05-01-2011, 05:14 PM

Country Quilts and Flying Needles are on the list to check out at some point, next time I'm down in the area. Stay cool!
Old 05-01-2011, 05:27 PM

Oh, good, more places to explore someday...thanks! I googled AM Island - looks like a neat place..