Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone selling fabric. >

Anyone selling fabric.

Anyone selling fabric.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:50 AM

I got some nice fabric thru this quilter's board. Sometimes what you find here is just what you are looking for.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:43 AM

just put an ad looking for and the type of fabric you are needing i am sure someone will pm you
Old 02-18-2011, 05:30 PM

The rules have changed for selling fabrics. If you are looking for something in particular post an "in search of" ISO ad in the classified...those of us that have fabric will be glad to respond if we have it.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:33 PM

Glad to hear
Old 02-18-2011, 07:19 PM

They changed the rules on our selling here so I won't be posting my fabric as often here. I'll eventually put all mine in my Etsy shop for sale. Really liked selling on here though because everyone is so great here. I just have a lot of fabrics I need to sell.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Janetd
They changed the rules on our selling here so I won't be posting my fabric as often here. I'll eventually put all mine in my Etsy shop for sale. Really liked selling on here though because everyone is so great here. I just have a lot of fabrics I need to sell.
I think I am going to do that too-I just have way more than I can ever use.I enjoyed seeing it go to someone who likes it and will use it.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:27 PM

I'm following the rules and making new posts to fulfill my requirements, but it will be a while before I can sell because my ratio is off balance.

I still have a few totes of my grandma's fabric stash to sell or take to the good will...I'm thinking the good will is going to end up winning on this one.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Janetd
Yeah, I'm kind of stuck, too. At only 15 items a week, it's going to take me months to sell the extra fabric I have. I'm looking into other venues, but I'm not too thrilled at selling through Etsy or Ebay; just too much of a hassle when you're selling stuff that is only worth a few bucks.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:02 AM

I do like the ability to click and look on this site for fabric or if I'm ISO of something. OTOH I can see where a busy selling section could overload servers as well as change the character of the whole site if it grew into too big a portion.

There is an online selling resource that came across my computer path that I was thinking of for my glass stuff. I haven't had time to really check it out, but it claims to be *free* as in no fees, and it seems you can have a *store*. Maybe this would work for members here who have more for sale items than is allowed. I'm sure you could always post here when you added new pieces. It wouldn't be as much fun or as convenient, but maybe you wouldn't have to donate your stash.

Just an idea. Here is the site blujay.com

FYI I have no connection with this site and never even heard of them until a month ago. My product sells better in person than in photos.