Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone tried this? >

Anyone tried this?

Anyone tried this?

Old 01-05-2011, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Carol J.
I have a program that has quilting designs that you print on typing paper,use the blank side of old ones and save. You can make the designs any size you wish and there are many to choose from.

www.digitalartquilts.com

Carol J.
Those are really pretty. Another thing to add to my "after winning the lottery" list.:-)
Old 01-05-2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by kathidahl
Originally Posted by renda
Sam's club sells a box of 500 sheets for about $6.00
Which question are you answering?
Ok will check BJ's next time I go.Don't have a Sam's club membership but did win a free BJ's so maybe they will have it.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:52 AM

This sounds like a wonderful idea. I would sure like to hear different likes and dislikes from the people who have tried it.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:28 AM

When I paper piece, I always print the pattern on tissue paper that has been run thru my printer...have never had a problem. Also, when I use the Inklingo method of printing a pattern directly on fabric, I iron the fabric (right side of fabric facing the freezer paper and shiny side of freezer paper facing fabric) to freezer paper and put it thru my printer one sheet at a time using transparency setting. When using freezer paper in a printer it is very important to heavily press using no steam.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:10 AM

I have another method. I use card stock weight paper and spread a couple of lines of Elmer's *Repositionable* glue stick on the card stock. It must be the repositionable kind not the regular glue stick. Then I cut whatever paper I am using to a little smaller than the card stock and just press it on. It's best if the lines of glue are at the feeding end and on the sides and usually I add an "X" in the middle. Once through the printer, remove the printed sheet and re-use the card stock. When it is no longer sticking well, either add some more glue or start over.

Diana - PA
Old 01-05-2011, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltbeagle
I use Kabnet Wax deli papers for all my foundation piecing (it's thin like tracing paper, easy to see through, white, and non-waxy). After cutting it to 8 1/2" x 11" with an old rotary cutter I just send them through my printer, no stabilizing paper needed (I feed them in one at a time). I never thought to use them for quilting designs though... it's a great idea and that will be next on my list to try. Thanks!
Where do you find this product. I don't remember seeing it in stores around here....probably because I haven't been looking for it ;)
Old 01-05-2011, 12:00 PM

I just trace a pattern on copy paper and make copies of it. Then I pin it to a block and sew through it. It pulls off easily.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:10 PM

Sorry, it is a box of wax paper/parchment paper squares like they use to line "baskets" in restaurants. I use them to make scrappy quilt tops by pinning a 2.5 strip of muslin on one diagonal, then put right sides together with my strips and stitch. I keep stitching strips till I fill the square. Square up and then sew the blocks together matching the muslin points. Makes a beautiful quilt top.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rb.
I'm wondering... I've watched my SIL trace patterns onto tissue paper, use spray adhesive to attach them to a quilt, then machine quilt. I'm wondering if the spray adhesive could be used to fix the tissue paper to a piece of printer paper, and sent through the printer to print patterns from a computer. If it worked it sure would be faster. Anyone ever try it? If the papers try to split upon entry maybe folding the printer paper over at the leading edge, with a tight crease?
When I want to print on tissue paper, I remove the copy paper from the printer. Then I put the tissue paper through the copier one sheet at a time. Hope this will work for you. :)
Old 01-05-2011, 12:45 PM

QuilterGary-try Patchpieces Quilt Design and Forest Quilting, they used to have free quilting designs.