Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anything to see in Hamilton missouri area beside the obvious >

Anything to see in Hamilton missouri area beside the obvious

Anything to see in Hamilton missouri area beside the obvious

Old 06-18-2014, 03:16 AM

Default Anything to see in Hamilton missouri area beside the obvious

I plan to go out to Hamilton to missouri star quilt store , just wondering if there is anything else is the area I should see while I am there. Any ideas? If anyone else has been there?
Old 06-18-2014, 03:52 AM

It's been awhile since I've been up there and I know Missouri Star has expanded since my last trip. There are a couple antique shops in Hamilton that are always fun to see if you are into antiques. Not too far away in Cameron, MO, is Crossroads Quilting. A very nice shop and worth the visit. It's around 15 -20 miles from Hamilton. Don't remember exactly. A bit farther north and east of Hamilton is Jamesport, an Amish town. They have a quilt shop also and various other antique shops. Enjoy your visit!
Old 06-18-2014, 03:56 AM

Thanks kittenquilts, I do love antiques and crossroads quilting I will put on my agenda too. Depends on how much time I will have but I want to see as much as I can while I am there. Appreciate the info
Old 06-18-2014, 07:52 AM

Missouri Star Quilt Co has 4 shops now. A trip to Jamesport is very interesting. It is an Amish settlement, lots of antiques, quilt shop, bakery. It is only 25 minutes north east of Hamilton. You could spend several hours at Jamesport. 40 Minutes south of Hamilton is Kearney, MO home of Jessie James.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by kittenquilts View Post
It's been awhile since I've been up there and I know Missouri Star has expanded since my last trip. There are a couple antique shops in Hamilton that are always fun to see if you are into antiques. Not too far away in Cameron, MO, is Crossroads Quilting. A very nice shop and worth the visit. It's around 15 -20 miles from Hamilton. Don't remember exactly. A bit farther north and east of Hamilton is Jamesport, an Amish town. They have a quilt shop also and various other antique shops. Enjoy your visit!
Yes! Love Crossroads Quilting. Such a neat little shop.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:40 PM

How are you planning to come? There are some wonderful shops along highway 36 starting in Hannibal (just off to the south of the Mississippi bridge on Front (or First) street called the Hickory Stick and it is FABULOUS as are the people who work there. Then there is a great little fabric section in Macon at the Ben Franklin Store, a great store in Brookfield, and then on to Hamilton and Crossroads. The Amish quilt shop is quite nice and the prices are reasonable. If we knew your route, we could probably tempt you some more! Have fun. MSQC is great and the people there are very kind and knowledgeable and helpful.