Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Appli-Soft? >

Appli-Soft?

Appli-Soft?

Old 05-04-2012, 04:52 AM

Thumbs up

Thank you for all the comments! The reason I was using the H&B was because of this video by Missouri Star Quilt Company: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOPxNNEv75w&feature=plcp It is what she used, although she did not state if it was Ultrahold or not. This is also the video that actually got me interested in the first place. I will, however, be trying some of your suggestions for sure!
@ Rebecca... I DO love the accuquilt go cutter. I bought the Go Baby and it does the job perfectly. There are ALWAYS great sales going on for it. It's $139.00 at http://www.accuquilt.com/go-shop/go-...ic-cutter.html and $75.00 at http://store.quilting-warehouse.com/087959.html
Old 05-04-2012, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Thinkuvme2 View Post
I just received my Sun Bonnet Sue and Over All Sam accuquilt die cuts and can't wait to get started on them... I really enjoy appliqueing but I'm not crazy about the 'stiffness' of it. I'm using Heat N Bond Ultrahold and was wondering if there is another alternative or does it soften up after washing OR is that 'just the way it is'? Any advice would be so helpful. Thank You.
I used steam a seam lite and its really lightweight in my quilt. I machined appliqued it and it was easy on the needles.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:20 AM

thank you, Judy... I'm gonna try that!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:53 AM

@ Rebecca... it's $69.88 here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...n=&s=&v=glance
Old 05-04-2012, 06:41 AM

I use steam-a-seam lite and it works great.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

i use a very light weight fusible, like Eleanor Burns does on Quilt In A Day. i draw the pattern piece on the fusible and place on the right side of the fabric, sew on the lines, then turn. i clip the fabric if needed to turn. then the fusible is on the back of the fabric piece. then i place all the pieces onto the background and sew. it gives a slight raised feeling and looks great to me. not stiff at all.
Attached Thumbnails sue-blocks-swaps-2-.jpg  
Old 05-04-2012, 05:33 PM

Nativetexan... Thank you for sharing your method and I love your SB quilt!! I actually went to the LQS today and they actually recommended the heat n bond LITE... so I'm gonna start there. I appreciate EVERYONE'S input very much... and if this doesn't work (the HNB Lite) then I'm gonna just go down the list of suggestions and see what works best for me :-) Thank You Again..
Old 05-09-2012, 01:52 PM

Hi!
I am Stacy Michell of ShadesSoftFuse.com, and I felt I needed to answer this post, our paperbacked fusible web is the brand that Accu-quilt sells. There are some fusible products that are always tacky, even at room temperature, DO NOT use these in your die cutter! They will leave glue in the blades, kind of like cutting sticky tape with good scissors...
Old 05-10-2012, 08:57 AM

Thank you, Stacy... I kinda figured it would leave the blades sticky... I will check out the fusible web!! :-)
Old 05-12-2012, 09:37 AM

I use Wonder Under Lite and think it feels just fine. I think any of the extra hold fusibles will feel stiff.