Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Apprehensive about spending

Quote Originally Posted by cbridges22
    I am afraid to admit this but if I were in Hershey,PA. I would be spending my money on CHOCOLATE and more CHOCOLATE and maybe a facial with CHOCOLATE.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Well I came I saw and I bought hehehehe.

The ladies a Quiltmakers cottage in Hershey were so NICE!
    They even extended the sale starting today on Saturday since i would not be in town.

I ended up getting fabric for a Christmas quilt. I did mess up a little. I had my quilt planned for 4 colors and in my foggy brain I only picked out 3 colors but I did not adjust the amount I needed for 3 versus 4.
    So I am short 1 1/4 yard. I will have to pick one up some other time.
    I had so much fun playing with all the fabrics it was a really nice treat.

Hubby could not take me in the morning. He had to work unexpectedly. He was so nice and paid for a cab to take me.
    Although I would have rather spent 10$ on fabric lolol.
    I am thankful I got to go. He was able to pick me up during his lunch break so I didn't need to spend more money on a cab.

I didnt not get a chocolate facial.
    It was funny on the way there we saw a billboard that said Chocolate facials Hershey's got them! and it had a picture of a women with a chocolate facial done at a spa and it has a pic of a kid eating a chocolate bar and had it all over his face. lololol
    I thought of you all when I saw that. Wondering what kind would my friends be getting. The spa or chocolate bar lolol

Thanks everyone! I have not gotten around to taking pictures but I will try and post some in the picture section

My LQS just had all their yardage fabric (Moda) for $2.00/yd. off :) I did get some fabric I've had my eye on but hated to spend $10/yd. I don't normally spend more than $30 at a time at my LQS. If I had more I'd spend more...LOL

BTW...glad you got some great fabric and your husband is a sweetheart :)

Glad you had a great time.

I spent last weekend helping a friend (who once had a QS) with a garage sale. She dealt with Jinny Beyer fabric so she has a garage full. So she was selling it at $3.50/yard.

Will help her again in the future when she is able to have another sale. No chocolate facials I'm afraid.... : = )

Blog Entries
    For some reason my camera just will not pic up the true colors of the fabric I got.

So I decided to scan it lol
    Here they are my three colors.
    They are so pretty and silky smooth.
    I got 1 1/4 yard of each (forgot I was suppose to get 1 more color so I am 1 1/4 yard short)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Yummy colors!! Love your fabric & so glad you had a nice time & enjoyed your shopping,Thanks for sharing the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
    For some reason my camera just will not pic up the true colors of the fabric I got.

So I decided to scan it lol
    Here they are my three colors.
    They are so pretty and silky smooth.
    I got 1 1/4 yard of each (forgot I was suppose to get 1 more color so I am 1 1/4 yard short)

Connecting Threads has their fabrics for $3.96 - $4.96 - and $5.96, 100% cotton made in the U.S.A., very good quality. You sure could get alot more fabrics for your money.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful fabric's. Isn't nice to splurge sometime, even tho we can get fabric cheaper somewhere else? I love the few times I can pick something up at a LQS even tho there are other places cheaper to buy. Just gives you a good feeling! You go girlfriend! :lol:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3