Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: aren't we a guild??

i've been reading the threads about some of the unfortunate experiences some have had with their local guilds.
    doesn't it seem as though we meet the criteria to be called a guild? except for the dues and having to put on something other than p.j.s to get together :D
    we have already ousted the quilt police. we share our experience, strength, and hope. as well as pictures and recipes. we have even had a class.
    can't we just say WE'RE A GUILD????
    or do the quilt police lurk 8)
    i can't imagine i would have more fun with a "real" guild.

Amen to that Nana!

And I like the part about no dues! Will we get membership cards for fabric discounts? LOL

This is the best kind of guild possible. All praise and support. Lots of show and tell, and good humor to boot!

Can't wait to meet up with some of you! It will be like a reunion!

I sure call it my guild. I even got a discount at my favorite quilt shop because of saying my guild is this group. When I told her about our class she really perked up.

Should we have cards?

Happy Quilting,
    Sharon

I'd be happy to design our guild card if Wendy will write the copy. I can provide a pdf file for everyone to print out.

sounds like a good idea.

Sounds good to me.. I once belonged to a guild here in my town, but did not feel like i belonged, too clickish. Here i feel like we are one big family who generally care about each other and want to help each other. This is the guild I want to belong to :!: :!: :wink: thanks everybody have a good quilting day.

Quote Originally Posted by Chele
    I'd be happy to design our guild card if Wendy will write the copy. I can provide a pdf file for everyone to print out.
    I think I could manage that!

I wonder how many of us will be able to pull off a discount at a fabric shop with it? LOL

:D
    I like this idea. Can I join???? Please!

Helen

When Chele and I have the card done, we will be sure to post it in the Main topics, and the title should be "Download Your Quilt Guild Card Here" so just watch for it!

Blog Entries
    I consider this my quilt guild, I cannot imagine finding another one that is as friendly, helpful, supportive, caring or diverse. I feel so lucky to have stumbled upon Konstatins newsletter and led to this site. This is one great big awesome quilting family and I feel blessed to be a part of it.

Blog Entries
    all i have to say about this idea is:

WOOHOO!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

:P :P :P :P :P

bj
    I think it's a great idea! I belong to a guild...nice ladies, I think...Don't get to go much, their meetings seem to coinside with me being out of town or having my grandson. I like to be able to drop by here just anytime and get a little quilting fix. I can tell most of the ladies in the guild here have been together a long time and enjoy each other's company. I'm new, so haven't really been able to do much bonding. It's hard when it's all business and not much time to socialize. Or maybe socials were the meetings I missed. I certainly don't blame them. They really do seem very nice. And they seem accepting of work shared, which doesn't seem to be the case with some of the guilds out there and mentioned on this board. Anyway, I go there when I can and come here EVERY day :D !

Quilt Guild...yes. Quilting Family...definitely!!!!!! :thumbup:

I'm ALL for it too but should we ask adm. first?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy
    I'm ALL for it too but should we ask adm. first?
    buzz kill

8) :roll: :lol:

I like the idea of calling this our "guild"... I don't belong to an actual guild so when I talk to somebody I just refer it to "my message board" but being able to say "I belong to a quilt guild" would be nice!

I second all the above comments. Count me in!

I agree with everyone this is my guild. And we meet 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We can jump in anytime. And everyone here is sooooo friendly and helpful. What more could you ask for.

Hi I am new also. I love this group and all the help everyone gives. keep up the good work and I am in guild to. :)

This is my guild, it's open 24/7 and everyone is so friendly and helpful....isn't that what guilds are all about? Meeting new friends and sharing a common hobby? :)

SO, DID I MISS THE DOWNLOAD POST, YET???? AWESOME! AND I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT OF THIS PLACE AS MY GUILD!

I hope we are. Cause so far this has been the best advise I can get. We even showcase our furry comapanions...no cliques here!

I'll take the card layout into avery wizard so I can print it on actual cards!

Banned
    TEXAS,Everything is BIGGERinTexas!!!!!!!!
    :wink: :P Yea!!! I'm all for the guild Cards,Will be watching for the download soon I Hope also Hope for another class. Had no idea that one was the first just cause it was the first for Me!!!

:thumbup: :-D

Yeah this is great. I finally belong to a guild. I want to join the Dutch guild also. But for this guild I know for sure that there are all great members! Wohoooooo!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast