Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Arggggghhhhhhhhhhh plz help me now, sewing machine problem >

Arggggghhhhhhhhhhh plz help me now, sewing machine problem

Arggggghhhhhhhhhhh plz help me now, sewing machine problem

Old 07-21-2009, 10:24 AM

Sometime the simple things are what cause the most problems....
Now get sewing :lol:
Old 07-21-2009, 10:42 AM

Have sewn what i needed just now, i gotta take a break quite often because of my arthertus and fibromyalgia.
i need some more meds to sew more but i will do some more cutting cause well what i have sewn now is 3 strips together like in railway.

this is what i aiming the end result to be but its a baby blanket with mostly soft pinks in flannel and cotton.

http://www.cancercouragequilts.com/product/rlf500140

the strips will be "railway like but it wont be completely railway in pattern cause i m using different shades of pink, not just 3 colours.

have i totally messed up ur brains now or does anyone understand what i m saying,lol
Old 07-21-2009, 10:44 AM

Glad it's fixed. I was having problems yesterday with the bobbin thread practically just laying on the surface and the top stitches going through to meet the bobbin thread and it was totally skipping stitches when I went over seams. I re-threaded everything several times, took the bobbin out and back in, kept adjusting the tension more and more. I then replaced the needle with a new one and everything looks fine now.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:15 AM

My Pfaff dealer told me whenever you are having problem with stitches on the bottom you've threaded the machine wrong. I could have been sewing away for an hour or so without any problem but all of a sudden the stitches are wrong. Go figure. I usually get away with using different threads on the top and bottom but whenever I have a problem I rethread using matching threads it seems to solve the stitch problem.

Anyway, do you have a little brush to clean the bobbin area? You should use it everytime you change the bobbin and anytime you've been sewing for a long time, these are things I've learned through mistakes. My motto is, "If you never make mistakes, how can you ever learn anything?", LOL! May in Jersey
Old 07-22-2009, 07:50 AM
Power Poster

Change out the needle... maybe it got bent or has developed a burr on it. I am thinking there might be a thread inside the throat plate. Did you take the throat plate off and look? Oh sorry I didn't read the whole thread... I am glad you got it fixed though. Things like that can put you in such a bad mood for the day.