Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: around the world quilt problem

sorry, cant help you, but good luck with all this great advice coming your way......and with your project!!

Blog Entries
    if you ironed them you also have to be careful not to stretch them. I have done several trip around the world from Eleanor burns book Quilt in a Day and they are fun, but I agree can be confusing, I do have to use post its to mark all my parts or I can get really messed up

I sew strips 1 and 2 and stop. Next I then sew 3 and 4 and stop.
    Next sew those two sewn strips together to make a group of four sewn together strips and stop.
    Next sew 5 and 6 together stop. Next 7 and 8, and then sew those sets together into the next group of four sewn together strips.
    Keep sewing strips of fours until you have enough.
    Now sew all the fours together and add any additional strips to make the count right....They should lie flat!
    It is OK to Iron them....

Thanks Jeannie. I have the bottom half done.

Good for you! I am glad! Jeannie

HI. I made a Trip Around the World quilt (called Colorsplash) for the Lap quilt contest that ended recently. THANKS for all of you that voted for my quilt! I never LIKED cutting from a tube. I prefer to cut my strips individually, then sew each one into a tube. You can't be positive that you are cutting straight when you can't see the fabric underneath. If the strip set is wider than 24", I made TWO sets, then attach a cut strip from each set then stitch them into a tube. Hope this helps. GOOD LUCK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose
    Did you reverse the sewing direction of every other strip? If you sew every strip in the same direction, the strips will be distorted by the feed dogs. It's minor, but it adds up.
    Check this and check your machine's tension. That could throw you off!!! Also, please double check your pattern again before cutting. It sounds like E Burns pattern and the pieces are usually square....so....the 2.5" could be a typo!! Worth double checking anyway!!

HI. I made a Trip Around the World quilt (called Colorsplash) for the Lap quilt contest that ended recently. THANKS for all of you that voted for my quilt! I never LIKED cutting from a tube. I prefer to cut my strips individually, then sew each one into a tube. You can't be positive that you are cutting straight when you can't see the fabric underneath. If the strip set is wider than 24", I made TWO sets, then attach a cut strip from each set then stitch them into a tube. Hope this helps. GOOD LUCK!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2