Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Arrow Bertha sewing cabinet >

Arrow Bertha sewing cabinet

Arrow Bertha sewing cabinet

Old 12-28-2015, 05:44 PM

Default Arrow Bertha sewing cabinet

A couple of weeks back I asked advice about sewing cabinets and ended up buying an Arrow Bertha cabinet (Merry Christmas to me). Today the handyman put it together and it looks great. I do have a question for anyone who has one of these cabinets. When the doors are open, how do you keep them from swinging all the way back? I would like the doors to stay straight out from the cabinet so the door bins are accessible. I hope that makes sense. Did we miss something when assembling the cabinet?
Old 12-28-2015, 07:44 PM

I have an arrow and my doors swing all the way back. I never minded them like that so I cannot tell you how you would fix this. Congrats on your new cabinet.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:44 PM

Why not make a couple of cute door stops? A friend sent us a cute bunny door stop from Germany. I leave it next to the front door so when I bring in groceries it keeps my door open. Ours is filled with sand but you could use anything that would give it a little weight.
Old 12-29-2015, 05:17 AM

Don't the Arrows have extention leaves like Koala and Horn? On the smaller models, the extension rests on the door.

I found a plastic storage chest and put it under the extenstion. I don't use the lock for the door. I didn't like the weight of the extension sitting on just the door edge. You can put a storage chest behind the door. It keeps it open.

I ran out of room and had to take doors off to fit tables.
Old 12-31-2015, 09:10 AM

Sorry not to respond to your suggestions sooner - computer issues. Anyway it is good to know the cabinet wasn't put together wrong! I thought about using doorstops but am not sure I could find any thick enough. I finally realized I could put a couple of baskets of quilting supplies I like to keep handy but don't need to access every day in back of the doors. It works and makes my small sewing room a bit neater. Win, win!! Thanks and now to get the rest of the room organized so I can actually get back to sewing.