Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Artistic SD 18"

Blog Entries

Artistic SD 18"

Have a chance to buy a used excellent condition Artistic SD. Can take it home to try for 2 months before I pay. Owner says it is picky on type of thread. 5 yrs old under $1000. Would like your opinions. Thanks

I don't have this machine, but here is a link to a review of it:

https://www.sewinginsight.com/janome...-sd-18-review/
    A husband is the perfect confidant to tell your secrets to - he can't reveal them to anyone else because he wasn't really listening when you told him!

$1000 is a very good price. Even so, I think I would explore what "picky on type of thread" means. Since you have two months to test it, I say go for it. You'll know whether it will work for you after two months pass. First, though, find out what type of thread it likes.
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

mkc
    Less than $1000, as long as you enjoy the test-drive, should be a good price if there are no mechanical issues. These were recently close-out priced for $2999 to make room for a new Tin Lizzie 18 (the Artistic 18 is a rebadged Tin Lizzie). There were 2 versions - a forward-facing (like a Sweet 16) and a side-facing (oriented like a traditional sewing machine). The forward-facing is slightly newer, but not significantly different.

I don't know what Tin Lizzie changed in the new 18 sit down.

Michelle