Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Assembling new pattern

Sorry, note on wrong site,,, my grand daughter started playing
    here and pushed the wrong button and I just continued on my way.

Quote Originally Posted by granny216
    Sorry, note on wrong site,,, my grand daughter started playing
    here and pushed the wrong button and I just continued on my way.
    LOL ... isn't it fun where surprises may take us?

okay! So crafty is way ahead of me on this pattern, but, last night I actually had to get into this .. of course, I immediately start double guessing the colors I had chosen - - you KNOW I went shopping on the fly - - the pattern was safely stored on the supply wall in the bunkhouse ... so, I was out there winging it. So, here are pictures of section seven, lined up with section 6 ... the question is: Where does the 2.5 x 10.5 strip go?
    In this picture, you will see that it had to be sewn on to the LEFT side of the top section, before adding the bottom section, before you can add section 6.
    I haven't ironed a thing, and if it shows up here and needs to be separated a bit, or something, I will get it. in the meantime:

the lower right corner of section 6 has flipped up
    Name:  Attachment-67793.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  57.4 KB

the strip in question is in the top half of section 7
    Name:  Attachment-67794.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  55.7 KB

Hopefully, this will show the section better.
    I highly recommend that everyone IRON ... do not do as I do, but trust me when I tell you it is BETTER!
    Too long working in a factory - - is that a good excuse??? LOL

The piece in question is in the upper right portion of the picture. Lighting in the old bunkhouse leaves a little to be desired, so I had to change my position.
    If there is another way I can show the pieces and the issue, suggestions gladly accepted
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks I think I have it now

I just finished cutting out section one ... MAN!
    These people did NOT do anyone any favors with their instructions .... wahhhhhh .... I HATE having to think every step of the way! Even if I AM having fun! LOL
    So, now for the viewing public (which may or may not exist ) I will upload a picture of section 1 ...

Pretty hard to do when I hadn't even transferred it from the camera, eh?
    (May I just comment on how impressed I am with the color selection? It actually looks like I knew what I was doing! What a surprise! LOL)
    I am looking at that angled border ... I think we ought to learn how to use our rulers to cut that puppy! What say you, crafty?

section 1 - the dark border - - no room on the table!
    Name:  Attachment-66911.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  60.5 KB

the triangles on the very outside border (thinking ahead )
    that is what I was referencing with that last question.

okay - I'm a gonna try it. If this works I'll send you some chocolate :oops:

If it works, because it will - - I PROVED it
    forget the chocolate, just call me MASTER!!! HAH!
    that won't work, cuz you ain't "little grasshopper"
    bet you don't know Kung Fu, do you? LOL (I am trying to think if that was the name of that program ... David Carradine ... Oriental Kung Fu training ... traveling all over the West in the old days ... was that the name??? I didn't like the program, but I know some lines - - go figure! LOL)
    I am sooooo old :cry:
    ah, well ... I have a good humor, and that counts for something, right??? LOL

AHHHHHHH>>>>>>>> *screaming*
    what the pattern NEGLECTED to say or show ... but, which my husband lovingly pointed out ....
    Section 7 is two images MIRRORED ...
    Will show you in seven hours, when I get done feeding cattle, hubby, changing laundry to dryer AND finish ripping out two whole block ...
    Bummer!

Ah MASTER just like you say - it worked. I never would have gotten it without your pictures. I kept trying to get the dark bar in the center of the thingy.

Yes! I have noticed that their drawings are not to scale, either.
    Here is my section 1 ... thankfully, hubby had discovered that mirror image thing before I had gotten THAT together, too!
    Attached Images Attached Images

You DID get my message about the mirror image thing, right?
    I guess you can drop the MASTER thing, since you have been struggling with that all along!
    Now, I am working on Section 2 ... I have multiplied all of the cuts as they said, and I have run out of pieces! GRRRR ...
    I am forming a letter to that company ... now, I am wondering if I have EVER actually opened up those patterns I have purchased from them YEARS ago! (I do that alot! :oops: )
    Bless your heart! You have done so well, and gotten so far WITHOUT any help from me! ... you need to give yourself some HUGS! LOL

So, now I am working on Section 4 ... should be straight forward, except for this little thing where they want us to use a template they have provided ... well, golly gee!
    They want me to cut FOUR x 2 ... so, I see a square on the drawing ... didn't understand they were referring to a template when the instructions said: Four - C
    I looked at the little drawing, looked at the picture, figured out that I needed a HST on the end of a couple of pieces, so I cut some more squares because it looks to me like they want me to do that technique ... well, they didn't!
    So, I look at the template and think ... bummer! Why, in this day and age did they have me do a template, when they could have done the x-measurement, draw diagonal line, sew .25" from drawn line, both sides???
    and, I just want to tell my young partner in crime here ...
    You have done GOOD!
    As everyone can see by the pictures of the sections I am taking the pattern is pretty straight forward ... but the instructions were created somewhere WAAAYYY south of where I intend to be headed ...
    ah, well ... back to the machines for section 4.
    Partner! SALUTE !

Section 2, three attached to both section 1 and 2, and Section 4 ... progressing right along!

Section 2
    Name:  Attachment-61276.jpe
Size:  55.8 KB

Sections 1 and 2 joined
    Name:  Attachment-61277.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  67.2 KB

Section 4 x two
    Name:  Attachment-61278.jpe
Size:  58.1 KB

and, I bought all the turquoise that was in the LQS on the bolt.
    I am running out. Made a call to LQS and am having another bolt of a different turquoise set aside for me to pick up tomorrow. If it works out correctly, the next turquoise will show up in the border area. progressing right along ...

Just have to let you know that "YES" you do have an interested viewer...I'm so enjoying this...thanks for allowing me/us to come along on this ride...I'm very impressed in a most positive manner...and I LOVE what I'm seeing and reading. Great photos!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbinwinder
    Just have to let you know that "YES" you do have an interested viewer...I'm so enjoying this...thanks for allowing me/us to come along on this ride...I'm very impressed in a most positive manner...and I LOVE what I'm seeing and reading. Great photos!
    Welcome aboard!
    We are so glad (the quilter that started this thread and I) that we have been able to bring you some encouragement, and maybe even some amusement as you hear me WHINING about the pattern. I am TRYING to NOT whine, but am not winning that battle .
    Am almost done with Section 5, so back to the machine and camera for pictures!
    I had to stop by the computer to close down a program I had been listening to, and I just couldn't resist checking my email to see if I had any mail.
    Isn't this the greatest Quilt forum???

Section 5 completed ... YES!

Section 4 - - two pieces, one on each end of center
    Name:  Attachment-61353.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  58.4 KB

Sections 4 and 5 not yet joined
    Name:  Attachment-61354.jpe
Views: 12
Size:  58.9 KB

Waiting to see the next step!
    Sewspecial

Omak - on the very first part instead of turq @ each end I believe it should be the dark - this willmake the dark rectangle as shown in the picture - agree?

Maybe you will get this one

no still not working

Quote Originally Posted by many craft person
    Omak - on the very first part instead of turq @ each end I believe it should be the dark - this willmake the dark rectangle as shown in the picture - agree?
    Step 3, which I didn't not picture puts the dark line at the top and bottom of the first section .... is a dark strip with turquoise on each end over the section 2.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast