Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
attempt at a folded wreath >

attempt at a folded wreath

attempt at a folded wreath

Old 10-13-2016, 04:54 PM

"Grandma Mary, did you buy the pattern or use the one on the utube tutorial"
i bought and used the pattern. The one on YouTube makes a crease down the petal that I'm not crazy about.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:08 PM

Hey Sash! I made one of these because I saw it on this website. I used St. Pat's fabric because it was for my sister. OMG I struggled with that sucker. I had to have a friend come and help me. In the end I did finish it. My contrast of colors did not work. The pieces I was trying to pull up to meet at the top were too short. The whole thing looked dismal. I threw it in the Goodwill box. If you're not happy there is a place to put it. Keep going! I'm sure you will master it. Then give me a call so you can make one for me!
Old 10-13-2016, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by crideout View Post
I recently made this wreath without buttons and my ends came to a point. The way the instructions say to finish it (zig zag stitch) makes the ends come to a point. If I make another and add buttons, I will overlap and make the surface flat so I can add the decorative buttons.
Crideout, You could try this...When you do the zigzag on the ends, make sure that only ONE side of the zigzag goes through both points that are laying on top of one another. When it "zags" to the right, the needle should NOT be going through any fabric at all...kind of like an overcast stitch goes off the side of the seam. Then when you release that area to pop up, the corners should be side by side, nice and flat.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:40 PM

Thanks Grandma Mary! I will try that. I really want to put buttons on my next wreath.
Old 10-15-2016, 04:45 PM

I use deco-bond instead of the Bosai stabilizer. It is a lot cheaper and easier to use. I cut it an inch smaller than my background fabric squares and use it as my sewing line when sewing the background fabric and the contrasting fabric together. I use heat n bond lite for the appliqué.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:57 AM

I feel like there is not a lot of contrast between the two busy prints. I think fabric choice is the problem. If you had used different fabrics it would look a lot different.