Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ATTENTION: All Paper Piecing Professionals I need your help!

I hold my paper and fabric up to the light to make sure that I have enough coverage. I also finger press my seam allowance before I hold the fabric up to the light, just to make sure that I don't flip my fabric backwards and end up with a giant mess. The creased line reminds me of where to stitch when I am ready to commit to the design.

I have one of the add-a-quarter rulers and I really love it. Use it all the time and everything comes out really stright.

Thank you for the vote of confidence concerning the quilt. I just wanted to exhibit, just to show what can be done. I love this board!

I just tried my first pp block. I order the Carol Doak dvd from Connecting Threads, although the dvd was defective I was able to watch it, but could barely hear her for the muffled voice, but it was great. I really learned alot from it. I also bought the add a quarter ruler, definately a big help for me.

I've noticed most people say you will either love it or hate it. I loved it.

I'm doing the Farmer's Wife as well. I want to pp as many blocks as I can. I'm having trouble finding the patterns to print out for the 6" foundations though.

Don't give up you will get it.

Quote Originally Posted by sewhappy30
    I just tried my first pp block. I order the Carol Doak dvd from Connecting Threads, although the dvd was defective I was able to watch it, but could barely hear her for the muffled voice, but it was great. I really learned alot from it. I also bought the add a quarter ruler, definately a big help for me.

I've noticed most people say you will either love it or hate it. I loved it.

I'm doing the Farmer's Wife as well. I want to pp as many blocks as I can. I'm having trouble finding the patterns to print out for the 6" foundations though.

Don't give up you will get it.
    My DVD didn't make it yesterday, but I'm going to give it another solo go today. The FWS has a lot of blocks with triangles so that where the tricky is. I understand her DVD has more then just a video of how to do it. I really want to know how to do the fabric calculations too. I'm glad it's working for you. Makes me hopeful! Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2