Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Attic Windows

Attic Windows

I am going to make an Attic Window quilt. Does the dark sashing go on the side or the bottom of the window? Also how wide should the sashings be or does it matter? Thanks ahead of time.

Blog Entries
    here is a free pattern that should answer your questions. http://quiltinspiration.blogspot.com...ws-quilts.html
    and here's one that shows an easy way to make the block http://www.straw.com/equilters/libra...ticwindow.html
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

There is a variety of ways of making this quilt pattern. Depends mostly if you want to miter the sashing or if you want to use the easier method of HST in the corner. The darker sashing is produced from where the light source is coming from. here are photos of finished quilts:

https://www.google.com/search?q=atti...iw=995&bih=614
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I have always wanted to make one, just need to remember when I am ready to pick another quilt to make.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Thanks fellow board members for your help. It looks like the dark is generally on the side and the light piece on the bottom. Also, you can make the frame around the window pane deep or narrow. I was hoping there wasn't any set rules on this. I can always depend on getting answers from this site.

This has given me lots of ideas for a t-shirt quilt I want to do for my SIL. (He has LOTS of Grateful Dead tees and the Attic Windows pattern would really showcase them).
    When someone mentions quilting, I go to pieces!