Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Automatic Bobbin Winder >
  • Automatic Bobbin Winder

• Automatic Bobbin Winder

Old 01-08-2021, 05:46 PM

Hi Dee, thanks for the advice. It makes more sense to get the one that plugs in rather than uses batteries. I don't want to have to spend money on batteries.

i appreciate everyone's help!

Old 01-08-2021, 10:51 PM

I have owned a Sidewinder ever since they first came out. I have used it a lot and I love it. It runs with either batteries or a cord, but I never use the cord as it just gets in the way. It is well-made, stays in one place, and winds the bobbins better than any sewing machine bobbin winder I have ever had. The batteries last a long time and seldom need changing. Maybe I just got a good one, or maybe they have changed them over the years, but should mine ever need replacing, I'd do so in an instant.
    Old 01-09-2021, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by SueZQ from MN
    I have owned a Sidewinder ever since they first came out. I have used it a lot and I love it. It runs with either batteries or a cord, but I never use the cord as it just gets in the way. It is well-made, stays in one place, and winds the bobbins better than any sewing machine bobbin winder I have ever had. The batteries last a long time and seldom need changing. Maybe I just got a good one, or maybe they have changed them over the years, but should mine ever need replacing, I'd do so in an instant.
    Thanks SueZQ. it makes a lot of sense to get one that has both options of batteries or plugging in, especially since I'm not sure where I will put it. It may or may not end up close to a wall outlet.