Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Automatic Cutter Jam MC6600

Automatic Cutter Jam MC6600

Ok I have run into a bit of a snag with my automatic cutter.

Somehow the bobbing got wound up around the automatic cutter to the point where I had to disassemble it. Normally I am very good at taking note of how things go together while taking them apart but I lost the screw and retrieved it from inside the machine. In fretting over getting the screw out I forgot the order that the parts went back together, so some help here would be most appreciated.

When looking down at the machine there is a screw to the top left of the bobbin that holds a guild for the automatic cutter head the 3pieces are held in line with a "pin" for lack of a better word.

Now the problem is the cutter will work just fine with out these 3pieces and the throat plate off (done to make sure there wasn't a timing issue)

Basically what i am looking at is 3 pieces and their profiles look as follows

A) ___|----

B) ---------

C) ______|

Now I know (A) goes up top however I can't remember if (B) get sandwiched between them and slid in between the cutter itself or what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Blog Entries
    Nate, I have the same machine but afraid I can't be of much help. I suggest you ask the same question over at the Janome 6500/6600 Yahoo Group. It is a very active group devoted to this machine - maybe someone has had the same problem. Good Luck!

Thank you very much for the response, I'll ask there too but still will be looking here.

When I dropped the screw inside my brain just went "Son of a...." and everything in the last 5 min went out the door. Was so quick and easy, till I dropped the screw