Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A, B, or C? >

A, B, or C?

A, B, or C?

Old 06-18-2017, 02:46 AM

Offer the owner a deal. Bundle it into one package and never have to decide that again.

Marcia
Old 06-18-2017, 02:59 AM

C - I would not cut it. A & C both have the same amout of fabric up to the wonky part which could be used in a scrappy or A & C would have the extra length to cut a longer strip. (assuming of course the scale is 1")
Old 06-18-2017, 05:19 AM

Since all from the same bolt, I'd try to get all 3. If limited to only 1, I'd take C and not cut into it until I know what use I have for the piece. (This is what GingerK said, too!)
Old 06-18-2017, 06:17 AM

I would choose A or C. I would fold the fabric without trimming it. The little bit of extra length might be just what I need. I would only trim it if it was very skinny or pointy.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
Do any of you remember rolling up the scrap pieces (especially from garment sewing) and saving even the tiniest scraps that were left over?
I once made myself a dress in which I loved the fit of the bodice. I wanted to make another with that pattern and found that the most important piece was missing. Yes it was that front piece of the bodice. So I dug out the pieces left from making the first dress. I laid out all the scraps and found the outline of what I wanted, so I cut it from that. But lo and behold, before I sewed the dress, I found the missing pattern piece. I was almost half an inch off. I would have needed to pay more attention to the grain lines of the fabric to get it right. So I finished the second dress and wore it many times. In those days women wore dresses, even around the farm.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:38 AM

If I didn't know just what I would use it for and I could only afford one piece I'm a buy C type for the same reason others have stated...more fabric. But of course the first best answer would be to buy all three. Is this a hypothetical question just for interest as to how most of us think or do things? Pretty entertaining!
Old 06-18-2017, 08:43 AM

I am in the most for my money group, so C. And I wouldn't trim it till time to use it.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:41 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltingbuddy View Post
If I didn't know just what I would use it for and I could only afford one piece I'm a buy C type for the same reason others have stated...more fabric. But of course the first best answer would be to buy all three. Is this a hypothetical question just for interest as to how most of us think or do things? Pretty entertaining!
At the moment, it's mostly hypothetical to see if my Mom's idea was "right" or not.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:51 PM

I would definitely go with C.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:18 PM

I cannot stand chunks cut from a piece of fabric. I cut a whole strip off for what ever I am cutting. I would take the largest which would be C probably, then I will whack it straight because I love scraps and do cut those up at some point.