Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baby Lock Lyric question-Low >

Baby Lock Lyric question-Low

Baby Lock Lyric question-Low

Old 07-18-2021, 08:59 AM

Default Baby Lock Lyric question-Low

Greetings all,
I recently purchased a Baby Lock Lyric. I've read the manual a few times over and keep it handy to just read up on it. However, since having it, I have not been able to figure out the low bobbin warning. Appreciate in advance any insight you may have.
Old 07-18-2021, 11:41 AM

What do you mean by "not been able to figure out the low bobbin warning"? I have a Baby Lock Espire. I'm too frugal for the low bobbin warning. When it stops the machine and shows the warning I found there was still thread on the bobbin but you can't go more than a couple of stitches before the warning pops up again. I shut it off. Of course, unless I keep a very close eye on the bobbin, I then waste the top thread if I don't catch the fact that the bobbin has run out of thread. I'm pretty good at watching the bobbin status though.
It should be in your manual how to shut the warning off.
Old 07-18-2021, 02:29 PM

Yeah that's just it, it's not generating any type of warning. My Brother machine would give me a warning as per your description. I thought I'd ask just in case I was missing it Thanks for the reply.

Originally Posted by selm View Post
What do you mean by "not been able to figure out the low bobbin warning"? I have a Baby Lock Espire. I'm too frugal for the low bobbin warning. When it stops the machine and shows the warning I found there was still thread on the bobbin but you can't go more than a couple of stitches before the warning pops up again. I shut it off. Of course, unless I keep a very close eye on the bobbin, I then waste the top thread if I don't catch the fact that the bobbin has run out of thread. I'm pretty good at watching the bobbin status though.
It should be in your manual how to shut the warning off.
Old 07-18-2021, 03:04 PM

It’s quite possible that you have some lint in the bobbin area that is interfering with the sensor. I had that happen with my Janome. Just a tiny speck in the wrong place will mess with the sensor. Try giving your bobbin case and bobbin area a really good cleaning and see if that helps.
Old 07-18-2021, 03:59 PM

You would turn on the feature in the preferences pages. Scroll though until you see bobbin sensor.

Are you sure the machine has this feature? It should be listed in the spec page and the manual. I didn't see it listed.
Old 07-18-2021, 05:42 PM

I took extra extra time to re read the manual. I do believe you are correct, it's not a feature on this machine. Thanks for your help!

Originally Posted by Rhonda K View Post
You would turn on the feature in the preferences pages. Scroll though until you see bobbin sensor.

Are you sure the machine has this feature? It should be listed in the spec page and the manual. I didn't see it listed.
Old 07-19-2021, 02:50 AM

Thanks for the tip! My machine is not equipped with the low bobbin warning.

Originally Posted by JanieW View Post
It’s quite possible that you have some lint in the bobbin area that is interfering with the sensor. I had that happen with my Janome. Just a tiny speck in the wrong place will mess with the sensor. Try giving your bobbin case and bobbin area a really good cleaning and see if that helps.