Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Baby Lock Symphony

new user
    If any of you have a newer Baby Lock Symphony and are having problems with it, I'd like to hear from you! Also, when you take your machine in for repairs, do the technicians immediately blame everything on lesser quality thread? I've sewn for decades, have had Vikings in the recent past, and only when I bought the Baby Lock did thread quality become an issue. Let's talk!!

I don't own a Baby Lock, but any owners of new computerized machine will be told that thread quality is a big issue. There are sensitive components and systems in these machines and junk thread will cause you problems.

Blog Entries
    I have a new Baby lock Ellageo.No one has said anything about the thread we i took my other machines in to be serviced.
    Connie in CO

I have a Baby Lock Quest Plus.....It's darn picky about the thread I use....

Well, my Quest Plus is totally NOT picky, but I still use high-quality, low lint thread. I do think dealers like to blame the user whenever possible. So whatever problem you are having, see if you have it with the recommended thread and needle.

Blog Entries
    I have a Baby Lock Ellure Plus and I do not have any thread problems.

I have the espire(earlier version of symphony) and haven't had any thread problems. I do clean lint out very frequently though, but honestly it is the best machine. I love it.

I have tge ellegante and they did warn me about one thread but I've used lots of different kinds except for the one cheap brand. I had trouble initially with mine cause I wasn't hitting all the grooves when I threaded it if that makes sense...I had a huge mess until my dealer showed me what I was doing wrong.

I also have the Espire. I do not have thread problems. Great machine.

Blog Entries
    I don't have the Sympony but I do have the Espire and have not had any issues. Hope it gets better for you!

Hi
    I have the Symphony, an Elegante2 and an Ellure and I have no issues with thread, and wasn't told to use a certain kind. I normally
    only use Aurifil thread for sewing and I use Sulky or Maderia for embroidering and appliqué.
    I love my Babylocks and no problems at all.

Bev
    Our lives are like quilts....bits and pieces....joys and sorrows....stitched together with love.
    Babylock Crescendo, Elegante2, and Ellure.....for the love of sewing!

I just bought mine and have had no problems with it. The dealer did thread it wrong when he demoed it for me but then he re-threaded and all was well. I love my new machine and I am still learning about it.

I have a Baby Lock Quest. I've used all kinds of thread with it - no problems at all!