Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone own a baby lock Symphony machine? >

Does anyone own a baby lock Symphony machine?

Does anyone own a baby lock Symphony machine?

Old 03-11-2014, 04:23 PM

Default Does anyone own a baby lock Symphony machine?

I am needing a new machine since my old one died. I have been looking at lots and researching on the net. I fell in love with the Symphony but am nervous about the price tag. I was wondering if anyone owns one and what their thoughts are about the machine. It wouldn't take much to convince me to buy it at this point, lol. But I am trying to be responsible and find out if there are any things that I should know about it first. I will appreciate any advice, good or bad.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Power Poster

I don't, but I did find this which may be helpful:
http://www.freshlypieced.com/2012/07...i-learned.html
Old 03-11-2014, 05:01 PM

Thank you for the link, Prism99. I read it and it was very interesting and informative. I really, really want to get this machine.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:17 PM

I had the espire before I upgraded to my dreamweaver. It is the model right before the symphony, and I loved it. It was a dream to sew on, very nice machine. Most of what I love about it is still one the dreamweaver. Never messed with tension as the AHA does what its says, love the pivoting feature, super easy to thread, never had a problem with the cutter. I made bags quilts with no problem, handled thick layers pretty well. I really enjoyed it. It was my first high end machine, had it for almost 3 years with no problems only went in for yearly cleaning. Whoever bought my lovely machine probably got a good deal
Old 03-11-2014, 07:02 PM

I had the symphony and absolutely loved it
Old 03-12-2014, 03:18 AM

I also have the Espire right now and it is a very nice machine--its similar enough to the Symphony that the girls in the shop who have Espires did not want to upgrade--not much different.

I don't really have any significant complaints about my Espire--it is a really nice machine. I bought it used and I think I paid too much, in hindsight ($1.5k). I have to tell you that I don't love my machine, but it is not the machine's fault. I'm not sure what it is...I am keeping my eye open for something with a larger throat. I'd like something closer to 10" and this falls at about 8". Otherwise, it does sew very, very well.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:05 AM

I have a Serenade (Babylock), which I love. I don't know about the Symphony.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:55 AM

I have both the symphony and the serenade and would highly recommend either one. I'm very happy with both of them.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:14 AM

Thank you all for the comments. I feel very responsible and conscientious now, lol. Seriously, I love the machine. Just trying to get past that large price tag.....
Old 03-12-2014, 11:21 AM

I had my Symphony for about 6 months before upgrading to the Crescendo. I liked it just fine, but aren't they replacing that model with the Aria? I believe that one has the harp space of the Crescendo, but the features common to the Symphony. If that choice is available, I would check it out.