Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baby quilt

My daughter's first son was born 3 months premature, her second son one month early and she has approx. 2 months to go with her little girl. She went to the doctor yesterday and has lost 7 pounds, she has been on anti-contraction weekly shots for over 3 months now so hopefully she will able to go close to full term. Just wish I was closer to help with the boys - she is my best friend in the world and I miss her dearly.

CONGRADULATIONS AND HUGS GRANDMA----Grandkids are the best ever. I only have 1 but she is the light of my life. Enjoy the baby because they grow up way too fast.

congrats

I just found out I am going to be a great grandma for the first time so I have one to make also. Our granddaughter wants to wait until she finds out what she is having before she tells me what colors to use in the quilt. With 11 grandkids, I get to make my share of quilts but this one will be special.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewing Grandma
    My daughter's first son was born 3 months premature, her second son one month early and she has approx. 2 months to go with her little girl. She went to the doctor yesterday and has lost 7 pounds, she has been on anti-contraction weekly shots for over 3 months now so hopefully she will able to go close to full term. Just wish I was closer to help with the boys - she is my best friend in the world and I miss her dearly.
    Sewing Grandma, My youngest daughter had her last child 8 years ago. She had many of the same problems your daughter is having. Was on bed rest and had baby 6 weeks early. I will be praying for a beautiful healthy baby girl to enrich the lives of your family.

DEAR POLLY: THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS. THEY ARE ALWAYS WELCOME. HOMEFULLY SHE WON'T HAVE TO HAVE BED REST, AS SHE HAS FOUR BOYS (2 ARE HER BOYFRIENDS, 8 AND 10) ALONG WITH HER SONS (6 AND 2) TO TAKE CARE OF. HE WORKS AT A STATE PRISON ON AFTERNOON SHIFT. HE PLANS TO TAKE FAMILY LEAVE FOR A MONTH WHEN THE BABY IS BORN. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

hoping to have one someday soon! Let us know what pattern you end up making. I need to make one for a friend of ours who is expecting in July.

I know how you feel, but it not for grands. as my name suggests I am into great neices and nephews that is. I solved the quandry of girl/boy and made quilts that the parents would like. ex. log cabin with cats for one and finished log cabin stars in red white blue for her sister.( Shower may 1.) Babies are infants for such a short time so I make the quilts in twin. I try to use bright colors that they will enjoy through elem school.

Being a Grandma (or Grammy for me) is the greatest job in the world. As you can see from my avatar, they are the apple of my eye. This is number 4 grandson and only granddaughter has just turned 1

Sometimes it's best to plan a quilt for the toddler age as they are not babies very long. I like to make one for a new baby and generally generic with greens and yellows. Then when the baby stage is over, I follow it with a boy/girl quilt with a theme fabric. The last boy one I made had race track fabric on the back. I hear he spends lots of time playing with his match box cars on that quilt. We are expecting our first 'great' grandchild soon. Looks like I'll need to start making lots of boy quilts as we have 2 daughters and 4 grand daughters. Leave it to the 3rd generation to start having the boys.

funny...all of our third generation are having boys after the previous 5 generations only had girls. we always said the only men in our family had tp marry in lol

Banned
    Blog Entries
    congratulations, I am doing the happy dance for you, I so remember the news of my first grandchild, I was in heaven and shopping tell I dropped. God bless. Penny

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thismomquilts
    I GET to make a new baby quilt - for my first grandchild!!!!! WOO HOO!!!! Our daughter and son-in-law just told us tonight!!!
    Congratulations! We're in the same boat. Just found out my son and daughter in law are preggers! Went with her to first OB visit. Saw the baby via ultrasound and heard the heartbeat! Soooo awesome. Now I also get to start a baby quilt. Have to start with a non commital color scheme for now. Maybe all white and a very pale fairy frosts? What will be your first?

Great news! Congratulations. You're going to have a wonderful time. My daughter has two, a boy and a girl. I'm hoping my sons join in at some time. I would love to have some more babies

My 6th Grandchild was born last week.(A Girl) Now I have 3 each. Each is very spical in there own spical way. Bless them all.
    Sharon

Congratulations!!!
    I have 4 grandchildren
    1 girl
    3 boys.
    I have 2 of them making their own quilts now. They love it.

Congratulations!! In the last 5 years, I've made 14 baby quilts, 7 of them for grandbabies, and 10 of them hand quilted. I am hoping for a few years of NO babies!!!! LOL

Congrads on the new little one that will come!

Big Congrats. Have making something for the new little one. Oh, and my favorite name is Roger.

congrates on the grand babies my two are my avatar an the light of my life.even got to see both of them come into this world.angot to see one of my nieces kids born.it's something else

I'm sure it will be just the first of many - baby quilts & Grandbabies! Congrats!

Congrats to your family! Grandkids are the best. We have 2--one is 3 years old and the other is 10 months. My very first quilt was a baby quilt for the 10 month old girl when she was born. They didn't know the sex either, so the quilt had pinks, blues, greens, and yellows.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!! I'm going to be a grandma for the second time in mid november. The first is a girl, she was 3 in January.

Congrats,don't spoil it too bad, Just enough!

Blog Entries
    Felicidades... (Congratulations in Spanish). What a joy!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast