Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
"Babylock Destiny, Unity or Spirit" >

"Babylock Destiny, Unity or Spirit"

"Babylock Destiny, Unity or Spirit"

Old 06-27-2017, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by flyfish2 View Post
I am looking for an embroidery machine to replace the little Brother PE770 that I have. I have test driven the Destiny and the Unity/Journey are the same as the Crescendo but have embroidering capabilities that my Crescendo does not. Unity has a few more features than the Journey and costs a lot more. I can't decide whether to buy a "combo" machine or an Embroidery Only machine (the Spirit). The local dealer did not have a Spirit in stock, so I am unable to test drive it. The Crescendo has been discontinued and replaced with the Aria. I never used the Sensor Pen and I'm not fond of the big Dual Feed walking foot. The large throat was really what I wanted when I purchased it. I have since grown quite addicted to embroidering and the 5x7 hoop is pretty limiting on the Brother machine.
The crescendo has not not been discontinued
Old 06-27-2017, 04:25 AM

I have a Unity and love it, I also have a Katherine I sew on when I'm embroidering on my Unity, but I do my FMQ mainly on my Unity. My Katherine is great for classes, I only take my Unity if it is an Embroidery class. The size of my dual feed attachment took a little getting used to, but it works so well and I love it now. The Destiny & Destiny 2 have some very amazing features, and I would love to upgrade, but I'm saving my pennies to purchase a Coronet midarm ❤️
Old 06-27-2017, 02:51 PM

I have had the Spirit for a couple of years and I love it. I upgraded it to include the 8x8 and 8x12 hoops. Recently, I bought a floor model Crescendo for an excellent price, and I love it. I have friends who have the Destiny II and no doubt, it is a fabulous machine. Too big and heavy for me, plus the expense. So having the Crescendo and the Spirit is the best combination for me.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:42 PM

I have two girlfriends that purchased the Destiny. They love their new (over a year old now) machines. They do a lot of embroidery/quilting patterns. One traded in her smaller machine and has regretted it every time she goes to any kind of workshop or sewing bee. The other friend kept hers and still has her lighter, less expensive machine to travel with. Just something to think about.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:17 PM

check out the Brother Dream machine as well. It is a wonderful machine but not cheap! Not as expensive as the Destiny though!