Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Babylock Serenade do you have one >

Babylock Serenade do you have one

Babylock Serenade do you have one

Old 10-14-2011, 06:09 AM

Just saw this post. Yes, I have the Babylock Serenade and love it. I upgraded from a Pfaff 7570 and they are very similar but the Senenade had the extra bells and whistles (auto scissors, knee lift, larger harp) that my Pfaff lacked. I am very impressed with the Serenade and it is my regular sewing machine.

When I bought, I bought 2 of them and shipped the 2nd one to my DD in NM. She loves it too. She makes lots of handbags and the Serenade goes thru the layers like butter.

I've heard of many people not liking this machine and I can't understand why. I will say tho...YOU HAVE TO KEEP IT CLEAN. Not just the bobbin case, but under the feed dogs too. My DD called me one day and was having problems. I asked her did you do this, did you do that, etc. Did you check for lint under your stitch plate? NO...OMG...she was FULL! After cleaning out the lint she started sewing just like a champ again.

I highly recommend this machine but you have to keep her clean. Just all part of machine maintenance.

BTW...I paid, I think...can't remember for sure, $1225 a piece for my machines. Make sure you dicker with your dealer. I think a good price for one would be $1500 or less. Hope this helps. And don't forget to keep the bobbin shuttle oiled.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:07 AM
Banned

Resurrecting an old thread here... ... So Melinda.... are you and your DD still loving these machines? They're discontinued (or being discontinued) now and my BL dealer has his display model he'll part with for $900. I have a Horizon 7700 and the BL Ellisimo Gold... both are *huge* machines.

So I'm looking at this machine to be my drag-around machine to classes and sew-in's. I've had a terrible time finding a smaller machine with features - (cutter, threader, knee lift, some kind of dual feed gizmo - I'm not fond of walking feet if I can avoid 'em) ... and this machine seems like it has more features than anything else I've looked at for it's size - not to mention price!

I do love the idea of all of those dec stitches on a traveller, too. I like doing funky projects - even when I'm away at a day sew-in.

Love to hear how you're still faring with the two you bought. (I hope you see this thread!)
Old 02-03-2013, 10:08 AM

RipStitcher; I have the Quest plus, also, and would not get another machine without the built in walking foot. I believe they still are happy with their machines as they posted on pattern review recently. If you go to pattern review, then click on message board, go down to Sewing Machines, and then Babylock Serenade or Juki f600. Could also search for Serenade. Pattern review is a great source of information regarding models.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Banned

Thanks Emmy.... I saw that thread (I've posted in it, too) .. .but didn't catch that Melinda had posted in that one... headed back there now.