Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Backing for top?

Backing for top?

Recently purchased several yards of the extra wide backing fabric made by benartex and was wondering if the fabric in that is the same quality of fabric that one finds in regular width of the fabric? Is this backing fabric the same thickness or thread count?
    Linda
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Blog Entries
    most of the wide fabrics i have purchased have been about the same- but as with all fabrics there are different quality products out there- personally i love benartex fabrics-
    i also buy alot of my wide backs from fabric.com
    and i have used them to back smaller quilts- then used the left-overs to piece other quilts.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

I have found that MOST wide fabrics are equal to the regular widths in terms of quality. However, if it's an off-brand, beware and try to see it before you buy it....
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

I use leftover Benartex fabric backings in my quilt tops all the time, as I do most manufactures wide backing fabrics. There are a few wide backing fabrics that are not a high quality. Benartex is not one I have had an issue.