Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Barbie doll clothes!!!  eeekkk >

Barbie doll clothes!!! eeekkk

Barbie doll clothes!!! eeekkk

Old 12-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by granny_59
Hi G

I certainly wouldn`t have the patience either to make Barbie clothes!! As much as I hated Barbies my daughters loved them. They had ALL Barbie stuff and my mother in Law (died a long time ago) made a lot of clothes. They must be somewhere in the attic and I will try to find them tomorrow.

She also made four poster beds out of those wooden boxes where two or three bodles of wine come in.
She used four round sticks of wood to attach the bottom of the box to the lid and both daughters (29 and 25) still have them........
Granny
Granny T you made my day!! LOL now off to Santa's workshop, have the quilts yet to finish.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:26 PM

Please do not give up on those Barbie clothes. Yes, it takes time but when I was making them, I never followed the pattern exactly. It was more fun draping the fabric and coming up with my own fashions. Sometime I made the back seam from neckline clear to bottom of skirt and hooked with velcor tape. Improvise and no one will know plus the children can get the garments on so much easier.

Please let me encourage you by inviting you to my site and seeing the dolls under My Sewing Projects album

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/14429146
Old 12-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Power Poster

Thanks, All Thumbs, I'll check it out after Christmas. I'm laughing to myself--if someone who calls herself "all thumbs" can make Barbie cothes, well just maybe...
Old 12-21-2010, 11:46 PM

Was looking for the Barbie clothes and look what I found :lol:

I also found a lot of normal size dollclothes. I put everything in the washing maschine and will hand it to the kids at christmas.

Maybe there is a way to make Barbie clothes with PP :lol:

Take care
T

I WAS IN PACHWORK BEFORE!? 27 years ago with this outfit for DS. Next one was oldest DD incl. first shoes and the shirt from the youngest she got at the hospital
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146712[/ATTACH]

Did not even know that I had this stuff..............and did not find the Barbie clothes - no more digging before christmas!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146713[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-146707.jpe   attachment-146708.jpe  
Old 12-22-2010, 07:17 AM
Power Poster

Granny T-between the store and the "new" dolls your grands are going to have the best Christmas ever!! Love the "patchwork" shirt. Thanks for sharing. G
Old 12-22-2010, 05:35 PM

When DH's grandma died I got all her Barbie patterns. She made clothes for income back in the 60's. She still had her ledger where she recorded every outfit and the price. I think she charged $1.50 for the wedding dress. I can't even begin to imagine making all those tiny things. Good thing I had a boy.

Pat
Old 12-30-2010, 06:33 PM

I never had a barbie doll and my daughter was happy with the clothes that came with hers Thank Goodness!! I do think I would of given up in the middle of trying to sew such small garments!
Old 12-31-2010, 02:43 AM

I never cared for playing with dolls when I was young.. but my sisters did .. and I loved making clothes for them.. although I never used patterns. I also tatted lace for their blouses and knitted little shrugs and jackets using round toothpicks and knit crosheen . My tatting shuttle was a little brass safety pin wrapped with sewing thread.. all of which I snitched from mom's craft basket..lol. I'd knit etc on the schoolbus ride every day.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:07 AM

My mom had me learn to sew and knit making Barbie clothes from McCall's Needlework and Crafts mags in the 60s. I loved them. Now, however, my goddaughter is into American Girl dolls. I made her about 50 outfits (no exaggeration) for her birthday the year her grandma bought her the doll (a coordinated effort!) They are so much fun to make and so easy because they are larger than Barbie clothes. However, I wish I still had the patience to knit on size 1 needles...
Old 12-31-2010, 10:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by All Thumbs
Please do not give up on those Barbie clothes. Yes, it takes time but when I was making them, I never followed the pattern exactly. It was more fun draping the fabric and coming up with my own fashions. Sometime I made the back seam from neckline clear to bottom of skirt and hooked with velcor tape. Improvise and no one will know plus the children can get the garments on so much easier.

Please let me encourage you by inviting you to my site and seeing the dolls under My Sewing Projects album

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/14429146
What a great story. Lovely dolls and quilts. Thanks for sharing!