Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bargello quilt with 10 fabrics?

Bargello quilt with 10 fabrics?

So I bought a jelly roll thinking I'd do a bargello with it. It's so pretty. Blue batiks, already coordinated for me and everything. I really love it. Only thing is, it only has 10 different fabrics (4 strips of each), and it seems all the bargello patterns I've found call for 20 fabrics or so (some a few more, some a few less). Is there such a thing as a bargello pattern with only 10 fabrics?

Senior Member Chester the bunny's Avatar
    You can make a bargello with any number of colors.
    If you do a google search for bargello images, you'll find many examples of patterns with just a few colors.
    Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Just go buy another jelly roll in complementing colors... There.. now get out there and shop Mooshie..
    Jackie
    Lover of Scrappy, Chocolate and Wine

Quote Originally Posted by tuckyquilter View Post
    Just go buy another jelly roll in complementing colors... There.. now get out there and shop Mooshie..
    Haha, perfect response!

the only one I know of is for a bargello placemat....it is in the book twist and turn bargello quilts...I bought mine on amazon.com
    So many quilts, so little time :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tuckyquilter View Post
    I thought of this, but I bought the fabric at a quilt show and I can't figure out where it came from now Maybe I need to keep searching. I'm sure I have the reciept or a bussines card somewhere. I just thought it'd work better if the fabric was all the same brand, so I started thinking maybe I need to find a different pattern rather than more fabric. KWIM?

Ah well, I'll make something work somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    the only one I know of is for a bargello placemat....it is in the book twist and turn bargello quilts...I bought mine on amazon.com
    Ooh I just got this book. Maybe I just didn't look at this one because it's smaller? I'll check it out.